Silver Springs Hotel
$90
Travelocity
$147
$144
All reviewsnairobi hospitalsuperior roomnew wingfront desk staffswimming poolnice poolother hotelstaxi servicerooms are cleanwi fihome away from homebusinessgymsecurityworkshopkenyameeting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Though I don't know other hotels in Nairobi, I like this hotel very much.
In my opinion, the quality hotel is made up by the staffs and the cleanness.

1. Staffs
They are very friendly, but not too much. They are well desciplined.
Very comfortable people to meet anytime of the day.

2. Cleanness
Cozy and comfortable.

If I have other opportunities to visit Nairobi, this is the place to stay for me.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lazynana
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I stayed at the Silver Springs hotel in September with some colleagues.
My room (a superior room) was clean and comfortable, with fully working aircon. However some of my colleagues weren't so lucky with faulty aircon making their rooms hot and stuffy.
The rest of the hotel facilities are wrapped around the swimming pool, which was clean but the water was very cold! Even after 20 mins in the water swimming I still felt cold.
The hotel does a buffet every night - I recommend getting the stir fry guy to cook you something fresh!
Main consideration for hotels in Nairobi would have to be proximity to where you need to be - the traffic around the hotel (as in many parts of Nairobi) was pretty bad every day. You can walk into the city centre from the hotel, a 30 minute downhill walk, but the busses coming up the hill belch out black diesel smoke which isn't very pleasant!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I stayed in a standardroom, the room was old and dingy. the mosquito trap in the room did not work and they had a can of spray for the mosqutios in the room that was empty. i turned on the water in the shower and the first out pour of water was brown.
the hotel was construction which is a good thing because the hotel does need remodeling. the hotel staff was very nice but the price for staying there was a bit expensive for this type of room, I paid 10500.00 shillings. I had lunch at the hotel and the dish i ordered was not very good either. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We spent approximately seven nights over the course of two weeks at the Silver Springs in Nairobi, our hub for excursions while in Kenya. Our expectations were that this was a higher-end hotel, based on the room rates and all of the photos we had seen prior to arriving. We stayed in three different rooms, all surprisingly unique in terms of cleanliness and condition (no "standardization" between similar room types). A hearty buffet-style breakfast is included at the on-site restaurant, but the dinner buffet was quite pricey.

Our biggest annoyance was the rules in place for use of the amenities. For example, the fitness room was only available to us for limited hours (something like 10 am to 12 noon and 2 pm to 3:30 pm) and free wireless internet access (code-based) was only available for a 24 hour period, no matter how long you stayed there!! For what we were paying per night, we did not expect these sorts of restrictions. Also, housekeeping consistently brought only one bath towel and one hand towel per day to our double room (??).

All in all, not quite what we were expecting for the price we paid.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gsa_and_av
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We spent a week in this hotel - the staff in general are very friendly and helpfull, but.. We paid around 150 euros per night and the room was very, very basic and dirty. I had blood stains on my sheets..! the shower didn't work properly, couldn't even was my hair cause the pressure was so weak. We wanted to have a late check-out, but apparently the hotel was fully booked, so they couldn't extend the check-out time even until noon instead of hidious 10am. On day of my departure I was very stronly suggested to take a "day-room" so that I can "relax and freshen-up" before my flight. The room was supposed to cost 6000 shillings, but instead it was over 10 000 shillings. I was so tired that didn't want to make a fuss about it. Got the room around 2pm, went to check it and it wasn't ready i.e. they were renovating it. Floor was dirty, there were no adapters or towels - or towel curtain.. and a nice bonus was that the renovation was going on in the room next to mine, so no hope of sleeping with the constant banging.

So really bad experience. Especially of what it comes to the room rates. I discussed with a guest who had paid 60 dollars for night in similar room as what I had for 150 euros. And the few hours rest after all the hazzle with the staff & finally when I almost managed to get some sleep, the cleaning lady came and wanted to hang the shower curtain.. and they still charged me almost 100 euros despite of the fact that I didn't have the room until 5pm. Nice one! So if you have to choose between sleeping outside or in Silver Springs, then go SS!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business