“LOVELY PLACE BUT SERVICE IS LESS THAN AVERAGE....”

Silver Springs Hotel
Ranked #35 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed July 21, 2013

It is a beautiful place, quiet and clean. But I think they are understaffed. The waiters are few and far between. If you love cake as I do, you will be disappointed. Nevertheless, a beautiful serene place close to the city centre.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The grounds were nice, with a large swimming pool overlooked by little bougainvillea-covered balconies (though not private balconies). Breakfast was also pretty awesome, with a large selection of tasty Indian, Kenyan, and continental dishes. The rooms are plain but very comfortable.

Unfortunately, at night it was quite noisy. It's right off the Argwings-Valley Road intersection, and the traffic sounds came right through our closed windows. I ended up sleeping with earplugs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place was really pretty average so far as the room and amenities went. I was excited about the shower, needing one badly when I arrived, but the water went hot and cold and almost scalded me. My favourite part was the breakfast, included in the room price, which featured a vast choice including lots of local fresh fruits and good Kenyan coffee. The hotel is NGO paradise, full of foreigners working on assistance projects.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Had a good stay at the hotel and almost on a daily basis fruits are delivered to the room and they have a nice swimming pool. Breakfast Buffet is available and bar is very conveniently located.

Outside hotel, just a minute walk, you have a mini supermarket where you can buy most desirable items for your convenience.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

During the recent stay in the hotel, I was pleasantly surprise by the friendly staff and assistance received. Nothing was too much to do. Keep up with this good service. It was nice to sit next to the pool after a long day in the board room and relax.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times now on short (Workshops) and long business trips and the rooms I luckily get have been amazing. I got an upgrade on my recent stay , maybe coz of being a regular or not but their business suite is quite good. Esp that its got a sauna ! The staff on the other hand are willing to go an extra mile and help. I preferred having a different choice of fruits in the fruit basket in the room and the change was effected immediately. Somehow I find the staff quite friendly, from the guards, reception and the waiters. I think its upto one to smile and start conversation. Good location as one can either catch a taxi, or if you want to try the local public transport, there is a near bustop for busses and matatus. also since its opposite one of the main private hospitals, its quite helpful for a frequent traveler. Unfortunately I feel sick on my trip back from Somalia and after a day of struggling with fever, I just walked to Nairobi hospital and the treatment was spot on!
The only down part is that to use the fitness centre one has to pay extra, which is quite a shame as it should be complimentary to the room comparably with similar hotels in Nairobi.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was surprised at the price of a room in Silver Springs even with an NGO discount that was offered.

The AC in my room didn't work and the fruit basket provided next to the bed has signs of mold. The rooms aren't spacious and the rooms have seen better days.

I've stayed in much more spacious, friendly and modern places in Nairobi for around 100 usd less per night and wouldn't stay there again. The food in the restaurant was also quite expensive for what you get and the meals I ordered had far too much oil.

I have rated the fitness center as poor because although there is one next door you have to pay an additional (and not cheap) fee to use it which at the price of the hotel I thought was really cheeky.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
KenyaHolidayer, General Manager at Silver Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

On behalf of the entire Silver Springs Hotel Fraternity, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your last visit. We have looked at all matters raised and have addressed most of them.
However some of them (like the rooms not being up to par) are more long term and though improvements and renovations are ongoing, it will take some bit of time before we are at the best.

We invite you to pop in the next time you are in town and have a look at the improvements and even offer constructive criticism on the same.
We value your feedback as this is the only way we can improve our product and services.