Silver Springs Hotel
$157
$108
$78
Priceline
All reviewsnairobi hospitalsuperior roomnew wingfront desk staffswimming poolnice poolenjoyable staytaxi servicerooms are cleanwi fihome away from homebusinessgymsecurityworkshopkenyameeting
Reviewed May 23, 2013

During the recent stay in the hotel, I was pleasantly surprise by the friendly staff and assistance received. Nothing was too much to do. Keep up with this good service. It was nice to sit next to the pool after a long day in the board room and relax.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times now on short (Workshops) and long business trips and the rooms I luckily get have been amazing. I got an upgrade on my recent stay , maybe coz of being a regular or not but their business suite is quite good. Esp that its got a sauna ! The staff on the other hand are willing to go an extra mile and help. I preferred having a different choice of fruits in the fruit basket in the room and the change was effected immediately. Somehow I find the staff quite friendly, from the guards, reception and the waiters. I think its upto one to smile and start conversation. Good location as one can either catch a taxi, or if you want to try the local public transport, there is a near bustop for busses and matatus. also since its opposite one of the main private hospitals, its quite helpful for a frequent traveler. Unfortunately I feel sick on my trip back from Somalia and after a day of struggling with fever, I just walked to Nairobi hospital and the treatment was spot on!
The only down part is that to use the fitness centre one has to pay extra, which is quite a shame as it should be complimentary to the room comparably with similar hotels in Nairobi.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was surprised at the price of a room in Silver Springs even with an NGO discount that was offered.

The AC in my room didn't work and the fruit basket provided next to the bed has signs of mold. The rooms aren't spacious and the rooms have seen better days.

I've stayed in much more spacious, friendly and modern places in Nairobi for around 100 usd less per night and wouldn't stay there again. The food in the restaurant was also quite expensive for what you get and the meals I ordered had far too much oil.

I have rated the fitness center as poor because although there is one next door you have to pay an additional (and not cheap) fee to use it which at the price of the hotel I thought was really cheeky.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
KenyaHolidayer, General Manager at Silver Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

On behalf of the entire Silver Springs Hotel Fraternity, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your last visit. We have looked at all matters raised and have addressed most of them.
However some of them (like the rooms not being up to par) are more long term and though improvements and renovations are ongoing, it will take some bit of time before we are at the best.

We invite you to pop in the next time you are in town and have a look at the improvements and even offer constructive criticism on the same.
We value your feedback as this is the only way we can improve our product and services.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

`I`ve been traveling to Kenya for the last four years and fell in love wit this place , not over the top or cheap and nasty either , its just right . Standard rooms are smaller but superior rooms are very comfortable . Buffet type meals great meals loved them . Was shocked the first time i was asked if i wanted a hot or cold Coke ! but realized its popular that way in Kenya .
A bit far from city center but great for a business trip quiet , serene place . So far the only place i`m staying at in Nairobi .

Room Tip: Superior rooms are worth their value ` four posts beds`!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Allen M
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a best on travel hotel, I often use it because its a shuttle stop point, nice food services,rooms are super, security is good and customer care is just great.

It is near doctor's plaza so health wise i recommend the hotel to have been well located. from the hotel you can walk and get some fresh and well packed fruits along the way.

Room Tip: all rooms are just great, top ones more quieter than ground floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business