Silver Springs Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsnairobi hospitalsuperior roomnew wingfront desk staffswimming poolnice poolother hotelstaxi servicerooms are cleanwi fihome away from homebusinessgymsecurityworkshopkenyameeting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Stayed here for one night (5th November) at the beginning of recent safari trip to Masai Mara. We arrived quite late in the evening yet the staff were welcoming and plentiful and our bags were quickly carried to our room and we settled in for the night.
A note in the room indicated the air conditioning unit wasn't yet functioning (gradually being installed through the hotel) and to call Reception if we required an electric fan. We did, and within minutes a very courteous staff member brought a large floor-standing fan which proved more than adequate for our requirements.
The bathroom was absolutely spotless, with plenty of towels and complimentary shampoos, etc.. The shower was very good with plentiful hot water.
The twin beds were very comfortable with spotless linen. Tea/coffee making facilities were more than adequate.
After a good sleep we had an early start and before breakfast had time for a little wander around the external perimiter of the hotel. All the staff we met were courteous and welcoming.
Breakfast was quite amazing, with a vast selection of fruit, yoghurt, cereal, cooked breakfast (including mini steaks), pancakes, various breads, rolls, croissants and muffins. The staff were attentive but not intrusive and cleared away used items as soon as we'd finished.
Our departure from the hotel was smooth and the whole stay was completely hassle-free - so welcome after a long, tiring flight.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would have no hesitation about staying there again. Those pancakes were delicious!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Though I don't know other hotels in Nairobi, I like this hotel very much.
In my opinion, the quality hotel is made up by the staffs and the cleanness.

1. Staffs
They are very friendly, but not too much. They are well desciplined.
Very comfortable people to meet anytime of the day.

2. Cleanness
Cozy and comfortable.

If I have other opportunities to visit Nairobi, this is the place to stay for me.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lazynana
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I stayed at the Silver Springs hotel in September with some colleagues.
My room (a superior room) was clean and comfortable, with fully working aircon. However some of my colleagues weren't so lucky with faulty aircon making their rooms hot and stuffy.
The rest of the hotel facilities are wrapped around the swimming pool, which was clean but the water was very cold! Even after 20 mins in the water swimming I still felt cold.
The hotel does a buffet every night - I recommend getting the stir fry guy to cook you something fresh!
Main consideration for hotels in Nairobi would have to be proximity to where you need to be - the traffic around the hotel (as in many parts of Nairobi) was pretty bad every day. You can walk into the city centre from the hotel, a 30 minute downhill walk, but the busses coming up the hill belch out black diesel smoke which isn't very pleasant!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I stayed in a standardroom, the room was old and dingy. the mosquito trap in the room did not work and they had a can of spray for the mosqutios in the room that was empty. i turned on the water in the shower and the first out pour of water was brown.
the hotel was construction which is a good thing because the hotel does need remodeling. the hotel staff was very nice but the price for staying there was a bit expensive for this type of room, I paid 10500.00 shillings. I had lunch at the hotel and the dish i ordered was not very good either. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We spent approximately seven nights over the course of two weeks at the Silver Springs in Nairobi, our hub for excursions while in Kenya. Our expectations were that this was a higher-end hotel, based on the room rates and all of the photos we had seen prior to arriving. We stayed in three different rooms, all surprisingly unique in terms of cleanliness and condition (no "standardization" between similar room types). A hearty buffet-style breakfast is included at the on-site restaurant, but the dinner buffet was quite pricey.

Our biggest annoyance was the rules in place for use of the amenities. For example, the fitness room was only available to us for limited hours (something like 10 am to 12 noon and 2 pm to 3:30 pm) and free wireless internet access (code-based) was only available for a 24 hour period, no matter how long you stayed there!! For what we were paying per night, we did not expect these sorts of restrictions. Also, housekeeping consistently brought only one bath towel and one hand towel per day to our double room (??).

All in all, not quite what we were expecting for the price we paid.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple