The Heron Portico
$157
Trip.com
Eka Hotel Nairobi(Nairobi)
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront office managerexcellent hotelbusiness tripquiet areanice pooldouble roombreakfast was includedbusiness centergift shopswimming poolcouple of nightsenjoyed my staymain restaurantconference facilitiesindian foodhome away from homeshort stay
Reviewed March 12, 2009

The Heron Hotel was the departure point for our Safari-tour through Kenia -Tanzania and it was included in the excursion.We stayed two nights,at the begining and at the end of the tour.The staff at the reception were very friendly and the check in quickly.They gave us a Standard room at the second floor. We had to go upstairs passing through narrow corridors and wood walls.Unfortunately for us the hotel was under repairs.The first impression of the room wasn't very nice,at any rate it looks clean and the beds were comfortable.Whe we return from the tour many fellow travellers run to looking for another better hotel ,because they remain for a couple of days more in Nairobi.At the evening we order burgers for the room and the service was OK. The previous night we request an early breakfast due our early flight and we got it and it was almost perfect

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed February 28, 2009

A good, clean (like CLEAN), comfortable and friendly hotel a short walk from Nairobi city centre. Rooms are recently redecorated and equipped to an average level for an international hotel (ie TV, cable, free internet access - I'm posting this from my room).

Reasonable resturant for this price bracket - I strongly recommend the fillet steak (two large pieces for KSh800, you can't go wrong) - but menu a bit limited.

Downsides are: no air-con (at least you don't end up with someone elses cold!); patchy cable TV service (it doesn't work in all rooms, or all of the time); sometimes v slow internet. But then, hey, this is Africa...

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I was visiting Nairobi with colleagues and had been booked into Ngonghills hotel. Believe me you really would not want to stay there. The Heron Hotel was at least ten times better than that.
There was still some building work going on but this did not start too early nor carry on too late,
My room was completely adequate, bed okay, bathroom good. I looked for air conditioning as the sun shone through my windows from lunchtime till sunset and was very hot by the time it was time to go to bed.
The hotel staff were very friendly, helpful and obliging. We ate in the restaurant every evening. The food was good but the same choice of menu each night. Breakfasts were not so good.
I do think a buffet style breakfast would be much better.
our stay was for 6 nights and proved to be a good base for the purpose of our visit. We could sit, relax and enjoy our evenings over a meal and a drink.
After being approached by a lady, whilst waiting outside the hotel for a colleague to visit the hotel, it was fairly obvious what she was after. She insisted that she was just being friendly. She went away when I told her that I was waiting for a male friend.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 3, 2008

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 27, 2008