“BEST LODGING EXPERIENCE ONE COULD HAVE ON VACATION IN NAIROBI” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Heron Portico

The Heron Portico
Ranked #4 of 162 Hotels in Nairobi
New Delhi, India
“BEST LODGING EXPERIENCE ONE COULD HAVE ON VACATION IN NAIROBI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Besides The wildlife safaris, game tours of various national parks and adventure hot air baloon ride, The best experience was my stay at The Heron Portico. A hotel with really nice, bright, spacious rooms and true value for money. The Kitchenette provided in the rooms are the best. The staff is warm, splendid service. Check in was quick. This was my second trip to Nairobi and stay at the same hotel. But must say that this year I found the services, food etc much better and quick than last time, Specially the service and room cleaning.
Would recommend for families going on vacation. Corporates for outbound meetings. Good fun!!!
Cheers

Room Tip: Room overlooking the pool... The corner room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

It’s exciting to receive such motivating comments from our guests as we take pride in delivering best of the services to make your stay a memorable one and to become the most preferred destination in Nairobi.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Best regards,

Sanjeev Tiwari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Slovak first
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I really enjoy staying at the Heron Hotel during my visits to Nairobi. Nice welcome pick up at the airport, efficient check in by friendly reception staff and nice spacious rooms for a pocket friendly price.

The hotel is now under new management and a few rough edges have clearly been polished. Staff is being trained and issues addressed more efficiently. However they still have an issue with their locks. I lost my key card and could not get a replacement. Had to be accompanied every time back to my room by a bell boy...not very nice. Hope they solve this before I come back.

Food quality in the restaurant is good, however the breakfast buffet is very limited. They could do a little more for breakfast.

I used the hotel laundry services and was pleasantly surprised to see all my laundry was returned and nothing damaged, good job!

I will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Frederic V
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about us.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We take pride in training our team members and ensure that guests such as yourself feel at home while staying with us.

I have taken a note of your feedback on buffet breakfast and room lock. Please be assured that corrective measures are being taken for enhancement of over all service delivery.

We have shared your sentiments with the entire team. The team is delighted and looks forward to your next visit at The Heron Portico, Nairobi.

Warm Regards

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have been in the Heron several times, and for me this is the place to be in Nairobi. The hotel is very safe, and close to the business centre. In day time you can walk to the city centre within 15 minutes. At night you take a taxi back 'home' for only 300 Ksh. Rooms are clean and nice. Breakfast is okay, but every time I am there served in another way. And the last time I often had to wait for clean dishes or things like that. But this is Africa. The terrace besides the entrance is a nice place to work in open air, in the shade and with real espresso coffee (in a small part of the terrace it is allowed to smoke, hurray). The only minus of this hotel is room cleaning. They clean your room part by part during all day long. So if you want to go for a nap in the afternoon, ask the cleaners personally to do your room quick and during morning hours.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rik G
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank your for your feedback .

We are really pleased to know that you were satisfied with the services and facilities offered to you during your stay and that we managed to live up to your expectations.

We are happy that you enjoyed lovely idyllic location. We have taken a serious note of your feedback on F&B service and housekeeping.

We look forward to welcome you again at The Heron Portico.

Warm regards
Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed with family for a couple of nights. Service at the reception was slow (not unusual for Kenya...). We got a huge suit at the 6th floor which was great for a family. Breakfast is rather poor and Wifi is slow.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carroth
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is always our constant endeavour to provide best of services to our guests and that every guest of the hotel is treated with utmost professional care and hospitality. It seems we have fallen short this time. We have taken a note of your feedback on check in,WiFi and breakfast at restaurant very seriously and corrective measures have been taken.
We would like to bring to your notice that your valuable comments and suggestions are always treasured as they always motivate us to perform better

I do hope that you will not allow this to mar your opinion of the hotel and will give us another chance to showcase our hospitality and services.
I look forward to the opportunity of meeting you on your next visit and personally assuring you of our best services.

Kind Regards
Billingshurst
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for eight days and I cannot fault it. Very friendly staff, clean and impressive rooms, good breakfast choice and a good range of options for the evening meal. I would recommend poisitively.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are less noisy
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank riojaBillingshurst
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Heron Portico,Nairobi!

It brings me immense pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our discerning guests and I’m glad to note that your stay at our hotel was most enjoyable and our facilities & services exceeded your expectations. Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team. I am sure this will go a long way to motivate them further to keep up the high levels of guest services. Guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to be your preferred destination in Nairobi.

Kind regards,
Whitehorse,Yukon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

It has been two years since we stayed at the Heron. During that time, they were doing some retrofitting . During our latest visit, we found much of the same. Great service, good food and decent rooms. Their room service menu was full of choices and delivery was timely. We would definitely stay at the Heron for a third time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert D
Dear Robert,

Greetings from The Heron Portico, Nairobi!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time and posting a great review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very delighted to note that your stay at our hotel was most enjoyable and our facilities & services exceeded your expectations. Your kind words of appreciation for renovation encourages us to keep moving ahead.

Warm Regards
Lusaka, Zambia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Will I ever go to the heron again? MOST DEFINATELY!! In fact anytime I am in Nairobi, I will go to the Heron. I have stayed there twice. My only regret is that on my second stay I booked late and was unable to be hosted there for my last night. At the risk of having difficulty next time I want to stay there (due to competition) I strongly recommend this hotel. Heron Keep up the standards!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and we are grateful for your feedback. We are happy to note that your stay was comfortable and our facilities & services were to your liking and expectation.

Best regards,