The Heron Portico
$85
Tribe Hotel(Nairobi)
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront office managerexcellent hotelbusiness tripquiet areanice pooldouble roombreakfast was includedbusiness centergift shopswimming poolcouple of nightsenjoyed my staymain restaurantconference facilitiesindian foodhome away from homeshort stay
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

The Heron Portico hotel in Nairobi made us feel like our home away from home. Mr David Mwaniki, the front desk manager, made sure our stay was as comfortable and relax as possible. His professionalism, friendliness, and dedication to making his guests feel at home are outstanding. Thank you Mr. Mwaniki and your hotel and your staff will be our choice when we return to Nairobi and we will highly recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is in a secure area in Nairobi, is comfortable and has wonderful staff. The rooms are well equipped, and offer a cozy nights sleep. The staff are wonderful, welcoming and helpful. Honestly a wonderful place to stay in Nairobi.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on multiple occasions in 2011 during my business trips to Nairobi. My travelling agent could not find anything better within the given budget. I found this hotel to be okay for business travelers like me. But i would not recommend it to someone travelling with kids and family. Honestly, what i heard about this hotel from the locals was that the hotel was infamous for various (obvious) reasons in the past! and during my stay in the hotel, I did find few such elements sitting in the bar and restaurants :)
Otherwise, hotel stay is comfortable, bar and restaurant is very nice, and they serve nice hot food. Breakfast buffet is splendid! Rooms are average. They also have a swimming pool in the hotel which was a nice past time for some sun bathing. Location of the hotel is also very good, close to the central Nairobi and still very peaceful and green surroundings.
Overall I would give 3.5 stars for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Ajay_1985
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am traveling alone and am a single white woman. David Mwaniki, the Front Office Manager has done a brilliant job hire the most wonderful team - Nancy, Paris, Caesar, Vincent. They have all made sure I am safe where ever I go in the city, advising me on the rules of bartering, recommending restaurants and ensuring I feel welcome. The rooms are lovely and clean and comfortable. Three of the restaurant staff - Victor, Francis and Toshling - have been very helpful as well and greet me warmly every morning. I highly recommend this hotel. It is central and in a safe neighbourhood. Good security

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely as I have had to stay in Nariobi a lot longer than expected I have been in ones at the back and the front. I prefer the ones at the front as they offer a lovely view of the city
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sarah D
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Heron Portico!

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is good to know that we have lived up to your expectations also heartening to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to know that you liked our well appointed rooms, cleanliness at the hotel, Friendliness and courtesy of the staff and Security at the hotel. We are pleased to know that we have been able to live to your expectations. Such comments have always been our strength as they motivate us to work harder and deliver better.

Warm Regards
Sanjeev Tiwari

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Room: Very nice room
Food: Very tasty
Crew: Very friendly
Cleanliness: You can smell the detol in bathroom
Internet: V good
Overall" Just EXCELLENT
I have been coming to Nairobi since 2010 & I tried a lot of hotel. Here you get much value than you pay. My friend David & his team are doing an excellent job here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Heron Portico!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a hotel, we take immense pride in the fact that we work to make our guests feel at home. Feedback like this motivates the entire team to perform even better and more efficiently.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Warm Regards,