Olive Gardens Hotel
$71
$106
$67
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Poorly managed, Smelly stinky hotel rooms inspite of the type of the rooms, clueless staff, carpets stink, food was disastrous, slow wifi, it was altogether horrible. I will never ever again go back again!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank bthoms
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have lodged in olive garden hotel several times because my company office in Nairobi put us there when we went several times in 2010 and 2011 for meetings. All my observations from the very first day we lodged there turned out to be true.

The olive garden Nairobi hotel is well located but very poorly managed, the front office staff are quite daft, they have stern looking security men positioned at the entrance of the hotel, despite the fact that they are near useless in stopping any slightly intelligent crime ( as we have already experienced).

On my last visit to olive garden hotel in Nairobi, which was at 1.20am on te 2nd of July 2012, I arrived after communicating with them through a tourist company at the airport, they clearly confirmed the room types and prices available, and i made my decision to choose a single room, especially as i was on transit and needed to be back at the airport by 6 am, which meant I would leave the hotel at 5.30am at the very latest ( A 4 hour visit basically).

I was shocked to arrive and they pretended try never got any call from the tourist company, a call that was made with me standing right there. Secondly, try quickly claimed single rooms were not available, and after some banter, they allocated me a superior double room against my wish for a four hour stay. I went to a bar next door and had a light snack and a drink to cool off from the long journey, only to arrive back at the hotel at 3 am to catch a two hour sleep, and I was stopped at the reception and told that the price for the room had changed while i was out. It changed from $97 to $ 115 . I obliged them, knowing that I needed to get some rest and consider this a bad dream.

At 5.30am when I was checking out to catch my flight I was stopped again and told that the additional $15 notes I gave them acouple of hours ago were a 1998 US dollar note and that was not acceptable to them. I will leave to your imagination the kind of argument that took place before they called a manager who said it was OK.

Note that approximately 6 months before this incident, I lodged in the same hotel with a business partner and her computer was stolen from her room, including her wallet and other personal valuables, all these happened in brad day light, with the same stern looking security men standing at the entrance. When we reported to the management, we discovered that another guest was also robbed at the same time in the same hotel. We reported to the police and they clearly told us they were tired of this constant reports of robbery in that particular hotel. The police followed us to the hotel to carry out an investigation, for which we have not heard anything about till today.

The fear of olive garden hotel in Nairobi is the beginning of wisdom. Guests beware.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank mgbarasa o
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This USED to be a charming hotel with good staff and floor supervisors. Not anymore. The cashiers are thieves. The food; if you can call it food is non-existent. There is mold in the rooms. The televisions don't work. Internet/Wireless down most of the time. Leaks on the second level. The carpet is ghastly; dirty, smelly and who knows when it was cleaned if ever. The towels have holes as well as the sheets. There is no water pressure and many times the water was not hot.

Mind you there are a handful of good staff; but the management and ownership has wanned to the poor side.

This is not a place to bring your family or business partners. Most embarrasing to bring any business clients to this hotel.

Don't pay in advance and ALWAYS check your credit card statement and your receipt as well as your change when making any payments.

Room Tip: There are none; no heat; windows have no insulation either.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank TravelerMS748
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I am through with my honeymoon trip, which i organised with Adventure Panorama Safaris, in Kenya. Well, the trip was abit costly but all the same it was worth it!! I got to enjoy every bit of it. Many animals, alot of food, good guide and a honest consultant, Nickson Ogilo.

Prior to my trip to Masai Mara, pour accommodation was in Olive Garden hotel, very clean, quite, comfortable and listening staff.

I really liked it...and appreciate it alot.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Adekunle S
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I wanted to book guests at this hotel for an upcoming conference but the reviews I have read are over 90% negative. I will book them at another hotel as I cant afford to have my visitors end up making such comments as below. Gone is the accommodation, conference fees etc. I hope the management is reading and responding to customers' complains. The hotel is well positioned due to its location but this will not sell if the service levels are low. There are a number of hotels to learn from.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business