“Great food, great setting”

Hemingway's Brasserie Nairobi
Ranked #50 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kenya
“Great food, great setting”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We're frequent visitors at Hemingway's Nairobi, the food is very good, the service excellent and the setting is splendid, if you haven't been then put it on your to do soon list!

Visited June 2014

“Beautiful”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place is beautiful ! I love the decor and the fact that even though it is in a residential area it is very quiet and unimposing. The steak was great. The menu was very simple, it didn't have many dishes. Service was good and I was pleasantly surprised at the cost of the food. It is not as expensive as people make it out to be,

• Visited June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic food in an amazing setting!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was lucky enough to eat several times at the restaurant at Hemingways Nairobi over the Christmas holidays and each experience was fantastic. The food is without doubt by far the best I have had in Kenya - and the steak tartar and the fillet steak (both of which I managed to sample!) were actually some of the best I have had anywhere. The mac and cheese side order is also a must! Really excellent menu – something for everyone. The range of wine is very good as well (important to me!) and the service was consistently good each time. The setting is just beautiful. Already looking forward to my next visit. P.S. The bar is also awesome, beautifully decorated with a wonderful view.

• Visited December 2013
London
“A remarkable experience”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

We were amazingly well looked after by staff who were, as ever with Hemingways, perfect. The place and the space is epic and in my experience unrivalled in the Capitol. Nothing short of a remarkable experience. If you're in Nairobi then you must eat here at least once, make an afternoon/evening of it and spoil yourself. My wife and I had a great steak (she couldn't finish hers, lucky for me), with a lovely twilight view of the hills. Don't think twice.

Visited May 2014
Fred K, Manager at Hemingway's Brasserie Nairobi, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Dave,

It gives us tremendous pleasure to know that you enjoyed your visit to Hemingways Nairobi. We would be delighted to have you visit us again for another delightful experience. Welcome!
“Awesome!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Had a fantastic time with the family during mothers day.The menu offered good variety for children and adults. The food was fresh, portions generous. The children loved the home made vanilla ice cream. The Iced Mocha is the best I have had in Nairobi!

The service was also excellent, with the waiters mindful of the need to cater to the children first; and with update as to when the next course will be served.

We shall be back again soon!

• Visited May 2014