All reviewsmoi avenueindian foodtravel deskrooftop poolexcellent wifihotel is locatednational museumnice hotelbreakfast spreadkenya airwaysthe central business districtcomfortable staybreakfast and dinnerduty managerspecial thanksplace to stay in nairobihome away from home
Reviewed December 22, 2015

Stayed 4 days before Safari so used this hotel to see the town. Liquor store and Grocery store within 10 min walk. Museum is a 20 min walk.
Bad timing with hotel booking they were renovating from top to bottom and also pool area. Wife mentioned problem to hotel and we were up graded and a bottle of wine was included from owner.
Found staff at front desk and wait staff pleasant and would recommend this hotel if you would like to walk around town .
If you dont have a meal plan like myself . You can walk across the street to a coffee shop or a restaurant within 2 min of hotel.
Roof top bars down the main street from hotel.

Room Tip: 10 min walk on main street a store across from Bata shoe store was able to buy Safari clothes for under 10 usa dollars per piece
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
MeridianNairobi, Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2015

Dear Guest

Seasons Greetings from the Meridian Hotel Nairobi!

Thank you very much for writing a review of your recent stay with us and for mentioning our convenient location within the Central Business District of Nairobi. It was a pleasure to host you both.

I would just like to say that I very much appreciate your understanding with regards to the renovations that were happening during your visit, especially with the pool area. Please know that the face lift that we are giving to the Hotel is essential in improving the facilities that we are providing to all our guests.

The Front Office and Restaurant staff of the Hotel will be pleased to know of your kind compliments. I will be sure to pass them on.

Wishing you both best wishes for the New Year.

Hope to see you both again soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2015 via mobile

About 3 stars for european standards as well. Room was clean and good size. Hot water worked, but u had to wait for a while. Wifi was working sometimes well and sometimes not at all. Food in restaurant was good, but not much kenyan choises. Mostly multicultural cuisine.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
MeridianNairobi, Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2015

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Meridian Hotel Nairobi. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

I am pleased to note that you were happy with the size and cleanliness of the room, as well as with the quality of food in our restaurant. Your comments about the hot water, Wifi connection and wanting an increased choice of Kenyan dishes have been noted.

On behalf of all the staff of the Meridian Hotel, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Happy Holiday Season with best wishes for the New Year.

I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2015

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights it was clean and we stayed in studio room it had small kitchen the bathroom clean Ac wasn't cold room was boring we didnt use swimming pool it was very old .breakfast was fine the Indian chef was polite man we ate Indian food it was great .the location wasn't bad it was near good place same as massai market and city squre the guards near main door were very nice and polite .

Stayed: May 2015
MeridianNairobi, Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us in the month of May 2015.

Your comments about the cleanliness of the room and bathroom are appreciated. As you correctly mentioned, the studio room does have a kitchenette, and is a popular choice for families with small children as well as our long staying guests.

Thank you for mentioning our convenient location which is in the heart of the city of Nairobi. It is great that you were able to visit the nearby attractions.

I am glad that you enjoyed the Indian food in our restaurant and that our staff treated you well.

Please know that we are currently renovating the poolside. Once it is complete, I am sure you will appreciate the modern look!

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Nairobi.

Reviewed October 21, 2015

We stayed 4 nights in total, 2 nights prior to our 10 day safari and afterwards 2 nights prior to returning back to the UK. I was disappointed and was not aware that the hotel was having extensive renovations. Therefore the pool was not available and it was dusty sitting up in the terrace reading and looking at the views.
However the rooms were clean and satisfactory although one person came into our room at 4.45 am possibly he/she came to our room by mistake which frightened us initially.
The breakfast buffet had a good selection of food local and European choices although the food was completely cold and this was at 8.45am. I mentioned this to the waiter he was surprised when I pointed this out to him and he found that the hot plates were not actually switched on. He assured me that the breakfast buffet would be hot the following days and it was in addition we had really good evening meals. We then sat in the bar after dinner and I was disappointed that there Tusker local beer was served at room temperature apparently locals like it served at room temperature.
I reminded the bar tender that we will be back the following evening and asked if he could kindly put some beers in the fridge which he agreed to.Unfortunately when we returned back they were still kept on the bar shelf stored at room temperature.
The hotel staff were friendly and eagerly wanted to please you and they ensured that our stay was enjoyable.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors and a room on the side street - not situated overlooking the main road
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stag300
MeridianNairobi, Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2015

Dear Guest

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Meridian Hotel and providing us with your valuable feedback.

As you correctly mentioned, we are renovating the poolside area. This is part of our plan for upgrading the Hotel for the benefit of all our guests. Unfortunately you were not able to use this service on this visit, but very soon we should have it up and running again.

I sincerely apologize for the disturbance in your room in the early hours of the morning as well as the mix-up with your bar order. Please know that we are looking into these issues and will ensure corrective measures are put into place.

I am glad that you enjoyed your evening meals in our restaurant and that our staff were able to provide you with great service, ensuring that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.

I wish you both the very best and hope to see you again in the near future. We will be sure to keep a couple of chilled Tuskers ready for you!

Reviewed October 9, 2015

It was good relaxing stay, the only problem is bathrooms doesn't have locks which is kind of awkward if you travel with friends. Edith from travel desk was very professional and greet you with smile. She has made our transportation within the country very comfortable. We had a very good safari trip and managed to the glimpse of Zebra, lions, rhino, giraffe and gazelle. We will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: No locks in bathroom. Please do book taxi from travel desk within hotel than booking outside taxi as outside taxi may trick you.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
MeridianNairobi, Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2015

Dear Amit C

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you had a great time on your safari and were able to experience what Kenya has to offer. I will definitely pass on your compliments to Edith from our Hotel Travel Desk.

It was a real pleasure hosting you and your friends. I hope you will make Meridian Hotel your regular stopover for your business trips in Nairobi.