Parkside Hotel
Priceline
$129
$430
$379
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The Parkside Hotel is right in the heart of the action in Nairobi and only a short walk fropm many attractions. As mentioned by other reviewers it is good for a night maybe two. We arrived late afternoon witout a booking and had no problem securing a room.
The hotel is showing it's age, but I believe still offer excellent value compared to other hotels nearby. We had a trplie room for one night and it cost 3500KS($41) without breakfast. The rooms are basic but still had they reasonable linnen and even a TV! The bathroom was a little grubby, suspect hotwater system but acceptable, once again considering the price.
We had room 312 at the rear of the hotel and it overlooked the bar in the lane behind and was quite noisey until the music turned down at midnight. That being said we slept sleep well as we had an action packed day.
The staff were excellent and it was no problem to leave our luggae in a secure storeage room at reception until our flight in the evening. They even had a room which we could change our clothes in before the flight.
All in all a good experience!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side sections of the hotel to avoid street or lane noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Reefraider
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed at Parkside Hotel during a recent visit to Nairobi, Kenya I traveled solo and felt safe at this hotel.

I stayed at Parkside after my return from my climb up Mt. Kilimanjaro. What reviewer didn't revealed is that this hotel doesn't have an elevator. Which wouldn't have been an issue if I hadn't just come from a 6 day trek 19,000 feet about sea level. My slow climb up 3 flights of stairs to avoid being next to or near the bar was a bit of a challenging. No elevator meant the nice doorman had to carry all my gear ( I over packed) to my room.

The hotel doesn't have a restaurant or computer room. I went across the street to Kenya Comfort hotel to use their computer which they charge by minute but is wasn't working. The room had a mosquito net for each bed. Which I found to be common at all the hotels I stayed at during my visit.

I found the room to be clean and comfortable for the money. The room was very basic. I just needed a safe place to sleep and shower. . Kenya Comfort Hotel is across the street and their rates are $20.00 plus higher. I paid with U.S. dollars and was able to save $15.00. Otherwise, they are basically the same hotel. The only real difference between the two is the fact that Kenya Comfort has an elevator and a computer lab. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the bar/club.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Manifest2012
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed here for two nights...central location...shopping malls / Market place / currency exchanges very near by... very basic facilities.. only one electric changing point in room that too not easily accessible ... hot water only in shower...restaurant was under repair...overall only good for overnight stop over...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aniruddha A
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed here for two nights...once at the beginning and once at the end of the holiday. Just a convenient stopover to fit in with flights. It is clean, comfortable and we did not find it too noisy. The staff were fine and for the money it was exactly what we expected. Paid 2700 shillings each time for double room.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bibbeth
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The staff were completely inhumane. How could they treat an expectant mother in such a manner. Had paid up for an entire weeks stay but developed a complication and had to leave immediately. The staff however did not care to listen a bit as they rejected her pleas for a refund of even a single day.
Oh what a shame!!