House of Waine
Priceline
$122
$78
Priceline
All reviewskaren blixen museumrose petalsdressing roomelephant orphanageboutique hotelkazuri bead factorybottle of champagnequiet oasissmall hotelpost safaritwo nightsnext morningcolonial stylewilson airportbeautiful roomrooms are spaciousnice pool
Reviewed August 5, 2012

If you are looking for lush gardens; peace and quiet then this is the place to be. It has conference facilities and a swimming pool. the gardens are well maintained and it is placed in a quiet surrounding. this is perfect for those who want to be in the city but away from city noise and traffic. the food is also well thought of and nicely done.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank winnieber
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We spent a night in House of Waine on our way through to Masai Mara and found it very convenient for Wilson Airport. The staff were very welcoming and we decided to not go out but have dinner in the hotel and the food was wonderful! The rooms were big and ours were interconnecting and had all the amenities we needed. We could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank McKarabia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

House of Waine is one of the most thoughtful and helpful hotel’s we have ever stayed in, and is by far the best accommodation in Nairobi. My husband and I were on our honeymoon volunteering in Kenya, and I got e coli. After two nights of being very very sick and having no running water, we went to the hospital. We were staying in Ngong and on the way back I decided I really just needed a night at a hotel to wash myself properly and to be able to flush the toilet. We drove around Karen in our volunteer agencie's matatu looking for a safe and comfortable place to stay. We came upon House of Waine, we had no reservation but hoped since it was low season they may have a room. When we came in they were so kind to me, I explained our situation and they said that they had one room available. Unfortunately it was out of our price range but when they found out we were volunteering gave us a wonderful discount. Before we committed to the room the staff asked if I would like to see it. Upon entry all I could say was YES YES YES! Huge comfortable bed, shower, amazing bath tub, flushing toilet. This was what I needed to recover properly. While I snuggled into bed my husband made the reservations and went to get our luggage. When he came back he told me that not only did they give us a discount but they arranged for a complimentary bottle of champagne (which my husband enjoyed for both of us) and a private dinner set up to celebrate our honeymoon that night. The staff were so kind and concerned for me, and did everything to make our stay as comfortable as possible. I made myself get up for dinner although there was not much I felt I could eat, and we came upon the most romantic setting for dinner….fire lit, candles everywhere, the room to ourselves. It was amazing and wonderful. The best part was while I wanted to enjoy the same delicious fancier food my husband was eating, my stomach just couldn’t handle it. All I really wanted was a toasted cheese and coke light…..House of Waine made that possible although it was not on the menu and I finally was able to eat after 3 days of not eating anything. It was so wonderful for both of us we ended up staying an extra night. They even let us borrow a laptop for our room so we could e-mail our family, Upon our departure they wished us well and gave us little gifts. I would recommend House of Wayne to anyone traveling in Nairobi looking for a luxurious and safe place to stay (which can be quite hard to come by!) Thank you to the staff for taking such good care of me at one of the most uncomfortable times in my life.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Abbie H
Reviewed March 25, 2012

House of Waine is a luxurious hotel in the heart of Karen, a lovely leafy green suburb of Nairobi
The enormous master suite may be the best suite at any hotel in all of Kenya and the spacious bathroom is just sublime. The grounds are beautiful and restful and the peace and quiet make for an ideal experience either before or after your safari. My only complaint would be the food, which is mediocre and not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel services. I would highly recommend House of Waine.

Room Tip: Ask for the master suite!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank kenyannehome
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband, daughters (13 and 11) stayed here in September. What a wonderful place. The location is perfect for visiting the Elephant Orphanage, Karen Blixen's house and Giraffe Manor. The rooms were spacious, well-appointed. The showers were exceptional. The staff was very nice. The food was superb. The young chef prepared some exceptional dishes each night. And, prepared some special things for our daughters. The breakfast was always good and on time. We befriended some of the staff and it made our experience even better. The grounds surrounding the hotel are beautiful.

Room Tip: My daughters stayed in Tembo. We were next door in a room that was right over the kitchen. While it was fine, if you do not want to get up really early in the morning, you may want to choose a different room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family