All reviewsmombasa roadnational parkjomo kenyatta international airportnear airportshort stayswimming poolrooms are spaciousbusiness hotelsecurityairlinestopoversauna
Reviewed September 24, 2017

Every year we stay for one night in the Panari. It is a night in between two flights. Despite we only stay for one night they still know who we are and have a warm welcome. It is close to the airport. Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms. The breakfast is good.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Sam M, PR & Marketing Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear Riekje
Thank you for taking time to positively review our hotel on Trip advisor, we pride ourselves in being conveniently located close to the Jomo Kenyatta International airport and directly facing the Nairobi National Park thus giving our guests, an unmatched Nairobi experience. We appreciate that you always have a wonderful time and you enjoy staying wit us. We always look forward to your usual visit at our hotel. Welcome to The great Panari experience.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Very good hotel nearby the airport. Just 10 minutes drive cost 20$ one way . The room is nice and comfortable . All comfort needed . Unexpected from Nairobi. Staff very attentive . I booked my stay by Kenya airways desk at the airport and my rates include transportation. The taxi driver never came to pick me up . I almost lost my flight . The staff was very helpful and they try their best to solve my problem and they arrange for me a different transportation.
I had all inclusive stay and breakfast lunch and dinner buffet offer a large variety of food from soup and salad until dessert. Very rich and delicious .
If I have another stopover in Nairobi I will definitely come back.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
PanariGroup, E sales Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Thank you Chiara for the excellent review and 5 star rating of our facilities. We are glad that you truly enjoyed your stay and look forward to pampering you again.Our guest relations team co-ordinates transport and this should not be a disappointment next time. We are at hand to ensure excellent overall guest experience. Karibu tena!

Reviewed August 5, 2017

I stayed at the Panari when my flight from the Nairobi airport was cancelled. The hotel is over 10 years old, and one can see that its glorious days are behind it. Firstly, it is on Mombasa road, which is close to the airport and a plus. There is so much going on in the hotel's compound- chinese shopping store, banks etc, the feeling of exclusivity isn't there. The reception doesn't look warm and welcoming, its rather dark. Granted, the rooms are spacious, but the furnishing looks very Chinese, but probably Chinese products that are better quality.

Cleanliness is an issue. I found soap that had been used by the previous guest in the bathroom- disgusting. TV has some channels, shower is ok. Sleep quality was ok. Breakfast was a good spread.

I would recommend you take a room facing the National Park. The views are impressive. I had a massage and made use of the sauna and it was amazing.

I think they pride themselves as a business hotel (Kenya Airways books their business class passengers here), but it is far from a good business hotel. I would say accommodation and the general feel of the hotel is sub-standard and clearly cleanliness is an issue!

Room Tip: Choose room facing the National Park
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Carol K
Sam M, PR & Marketing Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip advisor. Panari Hotel is conveniently located close to the airport and directly faces the Nairobi National Park. We sincerely convey our deep apologies for not being able to match your expectations on this visit. We have taken your review positively and will ensure we continue exceeding our guest’s expectations.
The management has currently embarked on an upgrade of the hotel facilities including sound proofing of the guest rooms, temporary closure of the main lobby and guest area which is almost complete now, the restaurants, kitchen etc to warrant guests’ comfortable stay. We would be pleased to host you during your next visit to experience our refurbished hotel.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

It's a huge place,they have a lot of space but don't know how to utilise it. They have a bar/Club on 2nd floor,another on 1st floor and 3rd floor. They also have a cinema,ski ground.The only advantage it has is that it's not very far from the airport but other than that I suggest they renovate and become creative with all the space they have

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo

Thank you Michelle for taking time to review us. We are delighted to inform you that our newly refurbished facilities offer convenience, style and better value. Our dream theatre, which comprises banking, shopping and ice skating facilities is a must visit. Also the Chinese restaurant as well as Black Gold cafe' on ground floor offer exquisite wining and dining. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

Panari is a big hotel located in Mombasa road - Nairobi, hotel in a good location near to the airport, I liked it but Unfortunately part of it was under renovation.
Also some shops in the hotel was closed & also I did not found variety of food at El Basha restaurant.
But in general hotel is nice & staff are very friendly

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business

Dear Raymond
Thanks for taking time to positively review our hotel on trip advisor. We appreciate that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed your stay at the Panari hotel. We look forward to your next visit at our hotel.