The Panari Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Rio(Nairobi)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsice rinkmombasa roadnational parkjomo kenyatta international airportnear airporttransit hotelan overnight stayeast africashort stayswimming poolrooms are spacioustrafficsecuritygymslippersdrivergiraffes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 6, 2013

it was a good experience staying in this hotel though it was a bit far from town but there is a shopping mall that u can pay 500 KS to be there for less than 5 minutes (taxi).
rooms - smelly
food- mostly Indian even for breakfast , putting beef & pork sausage in the same dish is awful idea .
staff- friendly
facilities - fair

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Managing Direct... ., Sales & Marketing Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Panari Hotel and taking time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

At the Panari hotel, we take proud in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of being home away from home. Our main objective being guest satisfaction and quality delivery to exceed our guest expectations.

Unfortunately we have not been able to show this during your recent stay with us as indicated in your comments. I have shared your comments with respective departmental heads to put corrective measures in place to ensure that we exceed our guests expectations. We appreciate your critical but constructive feedback that will go along way in improving our service delivery.

We sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Panari hotel and prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us.

If i could be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were there last month in October for a Business Seminar and we were a delegation of more than 400 people. The service was impeccable and the staff was capable of ensuring that all were satisfied.
I would especially like to commend Ronald, Piera and Princess, they were with us every step of the way and were very professional. Most business work shops feel like another day at the office but at Panari thanks to their versatility and organisation the Organising Committee had a chance to breath.Thank you.

Had a meal at the Black Gold Cafe on ground floor and the food was simply delicious, those ribs :) If it wasnt for the fact that we had to Organise the work shop I would have been there every meal!

Overall wonderful experience. Thank you Panari. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks you very much for choosing the Panari hotel to host your Business Seminar last October. We greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I would like to thank you for your appreciation to Piera, Princess and myself. I will definately share your delight with them. We are also glad you made time to sample our menus at the Black Gold cafe'. Our Executive Chef was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal at Black Gold Cafe'. Believe me, its comments such as yours that make all the efforts at the Panari Hotel truly worthwhile.

We place great value on our customers and your continued relationship with Panari Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you again at the Panari and hosting your business Seminars.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Unfortunately, we booked our room at the airport which was a total scam although the hotel is completely complicit and treated us poorly when we arrived. We paid $350 cash to the airport schemers but were given a horrible room - probably the worst in the hotel, with no hot water, tacky, broken furniture and a ridiculously hard mattress. The management finally relented after much complaining and gave us a decent room. Thank you Mary in Housekeeping. No breakfast included although this seems to be the norm in the hotel. The hotel seemed empty so not sure why we were treated so badly, considering the elevators were broken and we had to use the service elevator part of the way and walk the rest. The taxi to the airport the following day was supposed to be included, but never happened. Another $30 plus tip. I do not recommend using the airport service and don't believe what they tell you.

Room Tip: Have a look at the room before you confirm.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Managing Direct... ., Sales & Marketing Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Panari hotel and for taking time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

At the Panari, we always take pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of 'being home away from home'. Our main objective being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

Unfortunately, this was not executed during your recent stay with us at the Panari hotel, in particular with the your room that had no hot water. I have shared this information with the relevant departments to put corrective measures in place to exceed our guests expectations.

Its also unfortunate that you felt a total scam when you booked our room from the airport at USD 350. This we are taking very seriously and we shall investigate further into the matter. I would recommend that you kindly book the Panari directly through our website and also enjoy special discounts that we do run from time to time. We will direct our front office to extend to you a complimentary airport transfer on your return visit.

The Panari hotel is also in the process of concluding our elevators replacements to enhance our guests satisfaction and effective movement within the hotel. In this regard, kindly receive my apologies for the inconvenience caused by our service elevator doing your stay. Please bear with us since this is for the better during your next visit.

Despite the inconvenience you have experienced, i personally thank you for appreciating Mary our team member in housekeeping. I will share your thanks with her personally.

I sincerely look forward to another chance to accommodate you back at the Panari hotel and give us an opportunity to prove to you that we are always striving to satisfy all our guests.

In the meantime, if i can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed at Panari on October 2013.The place is beautiful and just 10 minutes drive or so to Jomo Kenyatta Airport. The food was delicious. I miss it to date ! I was warmly welcomed. But they took quite a long time to check me in that Saturday night. Wasn't very much amused on that part. Considering I had travelled from western Kenya after attending a funeral ! I had just wanted to arrive and relax considering I had a flight to catch very early the following day. I requested for grape juice on the menu for breakfast, but they brought me orange juice instead. So please do something about these issues which appear petty but really matter

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Managing Direct... ., Sales & Marketing Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Panari hotel, and taking your time to write to us.

We sincerely appreciate your comments and constantly strive to achieve high quality standards that exceed our guest’s expectations.

We are delighted to learn that we managed your expectations and you had a lovely time staying at The Panari Hotel.

However we apologize for the long wait you incurred and for the wrong order of Juice. I have shared this with the concerned department to see into it that this does not occur again.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to hosting you again at the Panari hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Ronald Oromo.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was warmly welcomed by the staff. and i enjoyed my moments there.The room is spacious enough and clean.Would recommend to any one. Perfect for any kind of traveler. i Would recommend to any one. Perfect for any kind of traveler.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Panari Hotel and for taking the time to write to us.
We greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards and value.
We are glad that you experienced our staff’s warmth, friendliness and how memorable they made your stay, we at The Panari Hotel always thrive to exceed our guests expectations.

The management and staff look forward to welcoming you again at the Panari Hotel, your home away from home.

Kind Regards,