The Panari Hotel
$85
$78
Priceline
Hotels.com
All reviewsice rinkmombasa roadnational parkjomo kenyatta international airportnear airportswimming poolshort staybusiness hotelrooms are spaciousgarnetsecuritytrafficgymairlinestopoverslippersdriver
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I didnt find anything fancy to write about this place. Just what a hotel should be - clean, spacious and a nice scenic view. The waiters though looked overworked.

The orange juice I was given tasted like it came from anything but an orange. It had a disgusting artificial taste!

There is an ice skating ring on the second floor. Head up there for some fun with family and friends

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking Nairobi national Park provide a scenic view. Also, a busy highway comes between the hotel and the park which some people may find a nuisance
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
JamesMwangi, Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Arthur,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Panari Hotel and for providing such candid and valuable feedback that we can use to improve on our services.

We take all customer concerns seriously and have addressed the juice supply to ensure we provide a better product at all times. We are also looking into the matter of the overworked service team, though not a norm, we aim to respond promptly when required.

Thanks again for the gracious remarks on the rooms and the wonderful park views. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Operations Manager

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here for one night in July on business. The hotel was the only hotel available to book, and being a long way from both the airport and downtown Nairobi, I felt the location was not convenient for anything.

For the money I paid, the hotel did not live up to my expectations. My room was comfortable, quiet and clean, however the décor and general atmosphere was just not up to the standard and taste of what I would expect from such an expensive hotel.

I felt that the main lobby floor was somehow lost and slightly empty, the staff just didn’t hit the mark for customer service. I just felt there was something missing here.

The restaurant was simply acceptable but not amazing.The hotel served it's purpose for me, however I would personally not try to stay here again in future, as I feel there are better hotels in the city for far better value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
PanariGroup, E sales Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you Nigel for taking time to review and rate our facilities. We welcome you to book our furnished rooms and facilities, and assure you of a memorable experience. Karibu tena!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for one night before and again after our safari. The rooms are large, although I have to say that the beds were a little hard for our taste, but the over-all standard of the 2 rooms we stayed in (9th and 10th floors) were good. The mini-bar was not stocked, which we found a little strange.

The breakfasts were lovely and a good food choice, including made to order omelettes, and the view from the restaurant was quite nice. We also had room service one evening and what we ordered (spaghetti carbonara and a pizza) were freshly cooked and tasty.

The only dissatisfaction we both had was the fact that the location is amongst industrial buildings and thus the views from the windows were certainly nothing to brag about.

The business centre was well-run and a pleasure to use.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
JamesMwangi, Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear IdahoSwede,

We were delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor.

The Mattresses offered in the hotel are designed for firm support, but we do provide mattress covers, on request, for guests who may find them too hard. I regret that this was not brought to your attention.

We are glad that you found the overall standard of the two rooms to your satisfaction, and have noted your comments on the mini bar, which has been addressed with the concerned department. Please accept my sincere apology for this lapse.

Thank you for your positive feedback and comments on the breakfast offer and for a nice view, the hotel boasts very captivating views of the Nairobi National Park.

I will pass on your sentiments with regard to the food and business center services to the respective team members.

We are always happy to receive feedback that enables us to improve on the service to our esteemed customers. We look forward to hosting you when next in Nairobi.

Kind Regards

Operations Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Arrived from Mombassa had to stay at the hotel to connect my return flight to Lagos. I had a very good time and also enjoyed the club at the basement of the hotel. Very clean rooms and excellent service from the staff most especially the front desk guys. They made our stay a less stressful one for us.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank okybay
JamesMwangi, Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear okybay

We are delighted to receive your feedback and grateful that you took time to share your experience with other travelers on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for your positive remarks on the clean rooms and excellent service especially from the Front Desk team. I will share this with the management and ensure that your compliments reach the respective staff. I am delighted that you also found time to unwind in The Shooters & Dips club while you were here with us. I am sure they gave you a great account of the Nairobi night life while in the secure vicinity of the hotel.

We pride ourselves in making sure that all our guests have a memorable stay and make The Panari Hotel their ideal choice and home away from home while in Nairobi.

We look forward to receiving you again on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Operations Manager - The Panari Hotel

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Arrived fro Jomo Kenyatta International airport and had to stay at the Panari Hotel as arranged by Kenya Airways. I wasn't expecting much of a hotel as it was just a transit arrangement and I was used to the 2nd rate hotels most other airlines use for this purpose. I was however pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. Quite large with abundance of space the hotel was very neat, clean, had wonderful view of the National park. The rooms also were very big, spacious and lavishly furnished. The bathroom was big, the twin beds in my room were big, comfortable and the wide array of delicacies in the restaurant were something else - great. Some of the infrastructure however are getting tired and you need extra muscles to press the elevator buttons and the toilet buttons too. watch out for mosquitoes which abound and remind the staff to spray your room with insecticide before you sleep. The front desk also are not too efficient as I had to request twice for internet settings to be given me and till I left no one came. A big minus is the wifi which you have to pay 6 US dollars an hour for! Overall value - fairly good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Femorata

Thank you Femorata for taking time to review and rate our facilities. We now have refurbished rooms and standard services ensuring our guests have excellent experiences. Karibu tena!