For $500 a night surely one would expect something...anything..to write home about? This place is over priced, tired, worn out, patchy, and at best adequate. There is nothing inviting or romantic about this space we are sitting in. Not even the bed looks inviting....unless you have been sleeping in a sleeping bag on a ground sheet en route. Karen Blixen made Out of Africa sexy. There is none of the Art direction evident here except for the very necessary mosquito net. The floors are bare, the curtains stained and un generous. There are cigarette burns in the furniture and the cupboards are bare. .....enough already. Im holding my breath for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cottages are located in Karen, a beautiful, peaceful suburb approximately 20 miles from downtown Nairobi and about half a mile from the famous Karen Blixen Museum. The cottages are located in the midst of one of the oldest formal gardens in Kenya which have huge jacaranda, candelabra, cactus, bottlebrush, and other trees. Over 200 types of flowers bloom through the year and numerous bird feeders attract hundreds of varieties of birds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages Hotel Karen
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden And Cottages