We were delighted to find this restaurant set up in the area which had previously been part of the Karen Blixen farm.
The setting is great - we ate outside where widely spaced tables and a choice of shade or sun made the experience a relaxing one, even if there was the odd tourist/expat yarping into their mobile.
The menu is wide ranging, and we started with excellent deep fried tempura prawns, followed by fish and lamb tangine respectively. The fish was average +, but the lamb tangine excellent.
Service was excellent - prompt and friendly. Wine a little pricey, but good.
We will go back - with friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cottages are located in Karen, a beautiful, peaceful suburb approximately 20 miles from downtown Nairobi and about half a mile from the famous Karen Blixen Museum. The cottages are located in the midst of one of the oldest formal gardens in Kenya which have huge jacaranda, candelabra, cactus, bottlebrush, and other trees. Over 200 types of flowers bloom through the year and numerous bird feeders attract hundreds of varieties of birds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages Hotel Karen
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden And Cottages