We spend two nights here upon arrival in Nairobi. The cottages are set in a lush green spacious garden with a swimming pool. The cottage interior itself looks a bit dated and plenty of mosquitos, so make sure to bring repellent. The food in the restaurant which is just 50 metres away on the same grounds was of good quality with lots of locals having their meals here too. Do note that particularly on weekend evenings the bar gets rather noisy. The Sheldrick Elephant orphanage is about a 20 min. Ride on a good time of the day. I can recommend visiting the Bomas where various tribal dances and music are shown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cottages are located in Karen, a beautiful, peaceful suburb approximately 20 miles from downtown Nairobi and about half a mile from the famous Karen Blixen Museum. The cottages are located in the midst of one of the oldest formal gardens in Kenya which have huge jacaranda, candelabra, cactus, bottlebrush, and other trees. Over 200 types of flowers bloom through the year and numerous bird feeders attract hundreds of varieties of birds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages Hotel Karen
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden And Cottages