“Good Korean Restaurant in Nairobi!”
Review of Dae Jang Geum

Dae Jang Geum
Ranked #182 of 574 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were craving Korean food and were so happy to find this restaurant. It was reassuring that the woman who picked up the phone was Korean. The food was great and tasted authentically Korean, and reasonably priced (we payed 2300 for 2 entrees and a couple drinks). We would recommend this restaurant and would definitely go again.

2  Thank dockets26
There are newer reviews for Dae Jang Geum

Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have been to Dae Jang Geum twice and order my food there for pick up every time I have a craving for Korean good.

They make the best spicy fried pork in Nairobi, and the bulgogi is great too! and they make great kimchi (offered in two flavors - green (less spicy) and red (spicy) - I like it spicy and they are just wonderful.

The restaurant is a little hidden away in an apartment/hotel complex that is in nairobi in-roads but it is worth the trip. I went there on a date with a girl who hadn't had Korean food before and she enjoyed it immensely.

The ambience is homely rather than "restauranty". Consequently, the cooking is very homey. I would recommend it to everyone with an itch for good, comfortable Korean food.

1  Thank BwT_2017
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We ordered Bulgogi, some pork and pancakes. Food was very good and price wasn't bad compared to the chinese restaurant we went the day before.
I also saw a Korean chef cooking in the kitchen which is not a surprise at all. the food is truly local I think.

1  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I phoned to see if the restaurant was still in business and to my delight a Korean woman answered in Korean so I knew this place was going to be great. I took four of my friends for lunch and we had the Bibimbap, Bulgogi, Stir fried pork, and Soybean soup. Everything was delicious. In true Korean style they bring out kimchi and other side dishes and pumpkin soup. We ate tup the kimchi and they brought us more!! I will definitely go back and try everything else on the menu. They even have a special Kimbap Saturday that I will have to definitely go back for! Kamsamhamnida Dae Jang Geum for a great lunch!

3  Thank sushidoo
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was delighted to find this restaurant as it is only five minutes from my apartment.The food,and service were excellent. I really enjoyed the sizzling pork,as well as all the side dishes. I'll be returning soon.

2  Thank africanman_840