“Large party handled perfectly” 4 of 5 stars

Bukhara
Ranked #205 of 463 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian, Asian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
El Segundo, California
“Large party handled perfectly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We enjoyed a meal here with a party of 9. Varying dietary requirements, tastes...some like it real hot (me) as we enjoyed a nice evening on the patio. I was kind of concerned that there were not many patrons but we enjoyed good food. The okra was the best I ever had...and I am not a fan of okra. Had good veggies and chicken. I would seek this restaurant out again when in Nairobi. We ordered a good number of naan...they were all good but the fenugreek was especially tasty. The waiters were especially attentive (only two other parties there while we dined).

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank nancyesca

Nairobi, Kenya
“Excellent Food,but Overpriced because Vat added”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I've been to Bukhara several times before,and enjoyed it thoroughly. However,this time I wasn't happy with because they decided to add the 16% vat to my bill? This is unfortunate because we really enjoyed our meal. I wish that I had complained.

• Visited May 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Bukhara”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were not expecting much from Bukhara but a simple Indian meal but were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, the modern clean decor and the wonderful attentive staff that made sure that our dietary needs were well taken care of. My son is vegan and they went out of their way to prepare and suggest dishes off the menu to suit his palate. The tandoori dishes were succulent and and the meats prepared to perfection. It was a wonderful evening for the family sitting on the patio enjoying the Nairobi fresh air and made all the memorable because we were all happy with the food ordered and the staff made sure we were it disappointed. If you are looking for a good Indian restaurant in Nairobi this should be on top of your list.

• Visited March 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
“Nice Indian Cuisine in NBO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Wonderful Indian restaurant with a lot of nice dishes, helpful staff and a good location. I normally spend around 24 hrs only before going on a safari and I'd definitely visit again for a lunch or dinner.

• Visited February 2014
Bujumbura, Burundi
“quite overrated - average to poor quality in my case”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I don't know who has written the previous positive reviews but i can only say that the Bukhara Restaurant was empty at noon (not a good sign) and the taste was pretty boring. They brought a very eye pleasing plate of vegetables but you could tell by the dry skin that those vegetables were cut hours ago. The curry didn't have a creamy sauce and did almost have no flavor. Again of lack of freshness. The naan was good and the terrace is nice but sorry, no recommendation from my side.

Visited March 2014