“Fabulous Indian Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Fabulous Indian Food”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Located near the Southern Sun Mayfair hotel, Westlands, this is a new restaurant that we decided on trying last weekend. Took a table on the lovely open-air terrace and were pleasantly surprised on noticing their unusually reasonable prices .

This inevitably resulted in us ordering more than we should have but when the food arrived it was just absolutely delicious, and though we took home what was left over, we surprisingly did finish most of the large portions. For starters I'd recommend their Chicken Tikka Boneless [ better than their Chicken Tikka on-the-bone] and the Chilly Paneer. For the main course I loved their ''Makhni'' Butter Chicken unbelievably tender yet full of flavour, and the Tawa Masala Prawns. They serve only traditional Indian desserts and I enjoyed the ''Ras Malai'', a creamy cottage cheese dessert. The other dessert we ordered was the Gulab Jamun, which I found a tad too sweet -more an acquired taste I guess.

I should mention that anyone heading to Bukhara should be careful to get to the 2nd floor of the building - NOT the 1st floor, which has different Indian restaurant- we initially went to 1st floor by mistake and the staff at the restaurant here did not clearly tell us we were at the wrong restaurant, until we spotted their menus and realised we were in the wrong place..close call !!

Nairobi, Kenya
“Another Superb Indian Restaurant in Nairobi”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I ordered vegetarian dishes and was very impressed by their quality,and freshness. I ordered the hara hara kebab,and the yellow dal tadka. The garlic naan was also excellent. I enjoyed being able to eat outside on the terrace. the service was polite,and friendly.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romantic Restaurant & Tasty Indian Food”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Firstly this must be one of the prettier restaurants in Nairobi, with a 2nd floor terrace overlooking some of Westland’s skyline and a stylish décor. However it’s the food that’s the best part - simply delicious. We had their Tandoori Fish tikka followed by one of their specials, a Fenugreek [ methi ? ] Chicken Masala dish with Buttered Naan – just fantastic.
Surprisingly , pricing was reasonable and no taxes added on the final bill- thankfully.
Service was fine though the waiter wasn’t too sure about what wines to recommend/ suggest.

“Delicious Indian Food”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Absolutely delectable food with the flavour of the dishes being spot on. We had their Chilly Paneer as a starter, followed by their Chicken Tikka Masala & Mutton Rogan Josh, all of which I'd say are the best I've had in Nairobi.

Surprisingly good value too, with menu prices being all inclusive, so you pay what you see on the menu, just the way I like it ! I suspect though that the pricing would not stay this low since I was told they are currently on a 'soft opening' with introductory prices, understandable considering it is by appearance as well a premium restaurant complete with open air terrace with a view of some of Westland's skyline.

The only negative would be the service, which I found to be a little slow, but perhaps thats since it seems to be 'early days' with this restaurant, but the quality of the food made up any other shortcoming.

• Visited December 2013