Palacina Residence & Suites
$81
$240
$186
Agoda.com
All reviewsmoonflower restaurantlarge suiteresident tortoisesjacuzzi bathbeautiful boutique hotelmassage roomlong term stayliving roomfull kitchencouple nightsstate houseoutdoor poolan oasislong flightmy home away from homelike coming homespent one night
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Palacina is a great choice in Nairobi. At first, my girlfriend and I were a bit reticent because it was more expensive than other options in Nairobi, but in the end we were very happy we payed the slight premium.

The hotel is extremely safe. The rooms are comfortable, clean and tastefully appointed. We were on vacation, so were happy to see that the hotel definitely had a Kenyan flare and didn't feel to sterile. Perhaps the most impressive is the superb customer service: super welcoming and accommodating staff.

A couple other notes:

We organized an airport pick up with them, I recommend this instead of a taxi or other car service. Driver was waiting right outside immigration and provided an extremely pleasant ride to the hotel.

There is a restaurant on-site which is decent, but more expensive than some other Nairobi options. Also the included breakfast is delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Noah,

Greetings from a wintery Nairobi morning and thank you very much for taking time to review Palacina.

We are delighted that you had a pleasant experience with us and in Nairobi in general and we look forward to the pleasure of hosting you in the future.

Best regards,

Tony Sawe | General Manager | Palacina

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stay at the Palacina anytime I am in Nairobi. It's really lovely - great atmosphere, lovely decor, a very well done hotel. We have a special rate with the hotel and it is absolutely great value for money. Great breakfast. Has a great restaurant attached to it (Moonflower). Good, fast internet. Friendly staff. Afternoon (4pm) tea provided with snacks and tea, complementary; and sometimes have themed nights that guests can attend. Welcome back on checking in has really good cookies and a fruit plate, and a personal letter from the manager welcoming you. Definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear BwT_2017,
Greetings from sunny Nairobi!
Our thanks and appreciation for taking time to write such a detailed review of Palacina.
The team and I were delighted to read it and we promise to keep striving to improve.
Our best wishes,

Tony Sawe | General Manager | Palacina

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed here one night when we first arrived to Kenya for vacation. It was a relatively good location as we didn't get stuck in much of the famous Nairobi traffic. We went from the airport and stopped at the Sheldrick trust and Giraffe Center on our way. The hotel is quite removed from the main streets so you feel more like you are in nature than in the city center. The room was lovely and the bathroom was huge. We had our own little sitting room. They welcomed us with cookies in the room. We had a drink on the veranda before dinner. Food was good and they made a special effort to start the breakfast early on our behalf so we could make our early flight. breakfast was delicious with wonderful fruits and pastries. was very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Lasarilla,
Thank you very much for your detailed review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our property and also that you made time to visit the Rhino & Giraffe sanctuaries. Palacina is a strong supporter of local wildlife conservation and your contribution is very much appreciated.
Once again thank you and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
My regards,

Tony Sawe | GM | Palacina

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here for one night on business and wished I had stayed longer. It's really lovely - great atmosphere, lovely decor, clearly someone has spent a lot of time getting it just right. Nice breakfast. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear SilverMarvel,
This is a quick note to thank you very much for taking time to post your review.
My team and I work towards ensuring our guests have the best possible accommodation experience in Nairobi.
When I showed them your post the smiles said it all...
Thank you very much.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I am now in my 4th week of staying in Palacina. The staff is friendly, and knows my name. The setting is super peaceful, with nice seating in the garden, on the deck, and around the hotel.

The food is excellent both, and there is a lovely breakfast buffet every day.

I started out in the single long term residence, this was a bit small, I was able to give up my kitchen and move to the suites. These are amazingly nice, and if you don't NEED a kitchen, I would recommend them much higher. The suite is huge, their is a wonderful deck over looking the grounds, and the bathroom/closet both beat mine at home.

I think this place would be perfect for a romantic weekend, for a short stay, or for business. If your looking to be in the heart of it all, this may not be the place for you, but if you are looking for a good launching pad in a safe, beautiful hotel... you probably can't do better.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Mike,
Its Labor Day in Nairobi and my team and I are very happy to read your very detailed and balanced review.
Thank you very much and hopefully on your return we will have Hookah service for your relaxation.
Best wishes and Happy labor day!

Tony Sawe | GM | Palacina