I stayed here for three weeks with my husband who was on a business trip. The hotel charged me 100 us dollar per night to stay with my husband (who is a regular visitor since his office has a contract with this place) The staff is friendly, just like most of the people in Kenya. But some of my clothes went mssing during my stay and were never retrieved. So watch out for your clothes!(valuables of course fit into the safe, so you have your own responsibility.
The food is foul, but I have ben told it was once excellent. This has changed. I am usually not fussy, but this place belongs to an interior design company so the design is opulent but hides the fact that there is little quality. No free drinking water in the room (not even a small bottle to brush your teeth) poly cotton sheets and cheapo toiletries. This is not five star, just a lot of shiny curtains to make it look expensive.
Brealfast is first come, first serve so ifyou are late there is no fruit or croissant or brown bread sorry! staff is not to blame though, they are very kind and good fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For weary travelers who have seen many a hotel room, Palacina is a breath of fresh air. Offering all the luxuries of a five star hotel, with special personalized service, a relaxed atmosphere and great attention to detail. As a family owned and run hotel the core emphasis is on making guests feel at home during their stay in Nairobi in an atmosphere of understated elegance and warm hospitality...Welcome to Nairobi's most relaxing address! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Jovago.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Palacina Residence & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palacina Residence Hotel Nairobi
- Palacina Residence And Suites