This was a lovely boutique hotel in Nairobi that we stayed at when we had two long layovers prior to flying to and from the camps we stayed at in Kenya. This little hotel was cozy and comfortable. When we arrived the first time (it was about 1:30 a.m.) and they had prepared sandwiches and cookies which they left in the room. We were able to grab about six hours of sleep before we woke up for breakfast which is served in a little dining room off the lobby. They had eggs, fruit, cereal, cinnamon muffins (these were great) and coffee. The front porch area was lovely and we were able to sit visit with others who were staying there. The Palacina provided transportation to and from the airport for a price. When considering this hotel, make sure you leave enough time to get to and from the airport. The traffic can be horrendous if you arrive any time around rush hour. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was huge and there was a little balcony off the room.
On our trip back to the States, we again stayed at the Palacina for about 13 hours. When we walked in, it was tea time so there was a pretty big spread on the table. There were cookies, tea, coffee, etc. They upgraded us to the penthouse which was just lovely. There were two bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, two full baths, and enclosed porch overlooking the city. We ordered room service which took a little longer than we expected. I ordered a burger (should have known better) and my friend ordered a chicken curry. When traveling in Africa, I would order local dishes, rather than americanized meals. I'll never do this again. The hotel also offers two laptops with free internet in the lobby which was great, as I couldn't sleep and ended up on one of them for a couple of hours.
There is only one drawback to this hotel. There are no elevators and there are quite a few stairs in order to reach your room.
All in all, the hotel is a great little oasis and a place to relax before flying home. There is also a pool on the grounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For weary travelers who have seen many a hotel room, Palacina is a breath of fresh air. Offering all the luxuries of a five star hotel, with special personalized service, a relaxed atmosphere and great attention to detail. As a family owned and run hotel the core emphasis is on making guests feel at home during their stay in Nairobi in an atmosphere of understated elegance and warm hospitality...Welcome to Nairobi's most relaxing address! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Palacina Residence & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palacina Residence Hotel Nairobi
- Palacina Residence And Suites