“Awesome restaurant. ”

Dari Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 609 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant has been built at the edge of a natural spring, in the middle of this indigenous forest with utmost sensitivity to environmental conservation. We did our landscaping with hand wheel barrows to reduce vehicular foot print in the forest. Our well maintained lawns can host up to 4 functions at the same time, totalling to 1700 pax. We also have an ample secure parking facility. One of Dari's best secrets lies in the gardens which is patrolled by beautiful Thompsons' gazelles, Impalas, Dik-diks, Bush babies, Tree hyrax, Tree squirrels and birds like peacocks, cranes, hornbills, sunbirds to name a few.
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

After reading varying reviews about Dari we decided to do dinner, Saturday evening.
The experience was totally awesome, the food portions are very generous, the staff was extremely efficient. We managed to see impalas and springboks freely jumping around.
Our overall experience was very good.
I would return many times over.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

After moving from outside, to inside, back to outside due to some indecision on my behalf, the staff were really lovely and accommodating - making myself, my friend and her 5 year old son feel at home. Due to the colder weather charcoal heaters were brought to our table, without us even having to ask.

Delicious lamb chops with a red wine and mint sauce and samosas with pulled pork...oh and yummy cocktails and a beautiful setting - what more can you ask for!

1  Thank SherTraveller
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I will go again. Not sure why I have not visited before. Lovely grounds. Space to yourself should you want it. Clean, nice buildings, friendly and attentive staff. They could remember things like condiments, and substance being of more importance than presentation when it comes to the menu. I think this restaurant is worth a visit. Family-friendly, obliging (always a good trait in hospitality) and nice atmosphere.

1  Thank bluecharlie
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had read reviews saying that the place is great but food was not too good. However, after visiting Dari yesterday on Madaraka Day I tried their lunch buffet and it is one of the best buffets I ever had in Nairobi. Salads, barbequed beef and chicken, desserts, etc was fantastic. I think it was the most tender grilled beef I have ever tasted in Nairobi. Wine list had some good wines at a very reasonable price. The Australian Hardys Cabernet Sauvignon was priced at about KES 2.280 per bottle. The garden is huge With a jungle like atmosphere around it and impalas and Peacocks moved around us freely. Service was fast and personal. We will be back soon.

2  Thank Tore W
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I don't like to give negative reviews but I was really disappointed in this restaurant after excitedly trying it out after hearing good things. After settling in the lovely garden, we ordered drinks. I was impressed to see Stolichnaya vodka on the menu and ordered one. After 4 waiter visits over the next 20 minutes which made it obvious the waiter didn't have a clue what I was asking for (pointed it out on the menu, explained in detail, was brought some brown liquor), opted for water which took another 20 minutes to come. Husbands food, the special, was edible but not great apart from the pudding which was good. Mine was interesting - 'open ravioli' which was basically a few pieces of lasagna placed amongst pieces of butternut squash was quite good but not what I was expecting. However, my daughters fish and chips were a bit of a disaster - the chips were really terrible. i have never seen her not eat chips! I tasted one and spat it out. I asked the waiter to tell the cook about that but got no comment back and was fully charged for the dish on the menu which I didn't think was good marketing. Daughter was a bit traumatised to see some workers carrying a grants gazelle upside down through the back of the garden. I went to find out what was going on and a worker told me they had to capture it because their fence was temporarily down. They said it had been put in a bathroom. I was concerned as gazelles should not be put on slippery floors as they can easily break their limbs but when I got back to the table the poor beast was careering about the garden looking for an escape. Perhaps a good idea to call in the experts when dealing with wild animals in future. We were told there were several such gazelle on the relatively small property. Given that the restaurant is located in suburbia, they might think about having the animals relocated. This restaurant has potential - train up your waiters - its a challenge to have to serve tables so far apart and make sure your cooks/front desk deal with complaints in the right way.

1  Thank giftedtraveller