“A real pizza”

360 Degrees Artisan Pizza
Ranked #16 of 544 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nairobi, Kenya
“A real pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Definitely, and by far, the best pizza in town done in the real Neapolitan way. Will go again and again!

1 Thank Machu-Machu

• Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very good pizzas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner there last wednesday with a colleague and his wife and thought the quality of the Pizzas was excellent. My colleague had the Pizza Memphis, his wife went for Pasta with spinach and I had the Pizza Diavola which was just fine. A bottle of Carmenre from Chili complimented very well our meal. Highly recommended.

1 Thank TequilaPepita
Nairobi, Kenya
“Great pizza, needs to improve on the rest...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

When I came back to Nairobi, this new place had been in business for a few months already and some of my friends were raving about the pizzas they had eaten at 360 Degrees.
I decided to try for myself, and the first time I went with two friends, we had anything but pizza. Lasagne, salad and another dish of pasta. None of them were particularly exciting (my lasagne were swimming in sauce, sheer blasphemy if you are Italian). I decided not to write a review at the time to wait and try their pizzas, too.
I had such a chance a few weeks later, and tried a "provolone piccante" pizza. I must say the most impressive bit is the dough. Light and crisp, it keeps its flavour and texture even after getting cold towards the end. The toppings could be more exciting, on the other hand. My provolone cheese was scattered a little too sparsely.
On the bright side, the servers are quick and polite, and a smile at the table is not something to be taken for granted at other restaurants in Nairobi.

1 Thank Giorgio B
Flic En Flac
“A Cut above the Norm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Modern and with great service, this new restaurant is a great place for a relaxed dinner. Food is really pizza, pizza or pizza, well cooked and lots of choices and add on options. Wine list predominantly Italian. Not a quiet place, but great for people watching

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank rswooding
Kenya
“Wrong menu, wrong food, high prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Let's start with a background explanation: I'm an Italian who has been living in Kenya for the last 11 years and who for 11 years has complained about the absence of a proper Italian pizzeria in town, despite the abundance of Italian restaurants. After reading about 360 Degrees, I hoped to have found the solution to this long running problem and I went to visit the other day with the positive attitude that a hungry Italian can have when promised "the real thing". Well, after reading the menu for 5 minutes I had to ask the manager: 'Is the owner American?". Surprised, he replied: "Yes, but how do you know?". "Simple - I replied - this is the Italian food how the Americans think it is, rather then Italians think it is". The manager, a clever man who understood the situation perfectly well, said. 'We, yes, i noticed that your Italian clients are very keen on the ingredients and their quality and also that they do not understand some of our dishes. One day I even had to calm down an angry Italian gentleman who asked me how we dare to put chicken on the top of the pizza!". I had to admit that I sympathized with my countryman.
So, here is the story: the menu has at least 4 blatant spelling mistakes that should not appear on an expensive "artisan pizza" place that has been open for 8 months (one for all: proscuitto instead of prosciutto); then: the menu is totally "wrong", presenting those American dishes )"pasta with meatballs!") that make every Italian - doesn't matter if from the North from the Centre of from the South - shiver of horror. Then some of the dishes are totally wrong: the "fritto misto" was left uneaten and that had the famous sauce marinara sauce" that is not only terrible to the palate, but again is non-esistant in any Italian restaurant.
Now, I give two stars to this "artisan pizza" restaurant only because the pizza was OK. Overpriced in an un-reasonable way (we had just come back from an holiday in Tuscany and we were comparing prices with a nervous laugh….) but OK. Better than your average Nairobi pizza. Not sure who to conclude this other than: a potentially good idea badly implemented.

2 Thank RiccardoOrizio