“Not sure”
Review of Cake City

Cake City
Ranked #6 of 8 Bakeries in Nairobi
Reviewed March 3, 2014

we heard great things about cake city, so when we found ourselves in sarit centre, we decided to try it out. the cake slices are small, they have many flavors available. cannot remember what flavors we choose but the cakes were okay, nothing exceptional about them. Tried the Thika Rd mall branch and my cake was dry, very disappointed. I give them A+ for effort, having a wide variety and all but that is as far as i go.

My sister sampled a birthday cake from cake city and she loved it. so maybe the ready made cakes and the order cakes are different. when it comes to cakes, home made beats bakery cakes especially in Nairobi.

1  Thank Maureen K

Reviewed January 22, 2014

nothing special about the cakes, not tasty or sweet, mediocre. the black forest cake, don't even try it!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I am completely bamboozled by the positive feedback? I went there twice, tried their cakes.. I found their presentation extremely impressive, could not wait to sample the large variety of numerous deserts they have to offer, only to find the cakes almost tasteless.

The actual cake is extremely light and fluffy, which is not how a good cake should be, but more solid yet moist. I gave them another go, but was hugely disappointed.
My brother passed by to communicate my disappoint as he purchased a cake, only to find the manager not bothered as "nobody else is complaining".

It seems the majority of Kenyans have not compared them to cakes from Art Cafe and Java, if they did, i doubt they would ever return....

1  Thank zahid m
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My friends organized a surprise bday cake from this place for me in January all I can say is the cake was tooooooooooooo good :) every month since I think I have been buying a cake or 2 from them...I loved the Black Forest cake, recently I tried the chocolate chip cake and it was nothing except amazing

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Cake city has the best staff, And The cakes are the best i have tasted it's like a world of cakes and everything.