“overrated” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Nairobi, Kenya
“overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

nothing special about the cakes, not tasty or sweet, mediocre. the black forest cake, don't even try it!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars

nairobi
“O Dear”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I am completely bamboozled by the positive feedback? I went there twice, tried their cakes.. I found their presentation extremely impressive, could not wait to sample the large variety of numerous deserts they have to offer, only to find the cakes almost tasteless.

The actual cake is extremely light and fluffy, which is not how a good cake should be, but more solid yet moist. I gave them another go, but was hugely disappointed.
My brother passed by to communicate my disappoint as he purchased a cake, only to find the manager not bothered as "nobody else is complaining".

It seems the majority of Kenyans have not compared them to cakes from Art Cafe and Java, if they did, i doubt they would ever return....

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank zahid m
“Simply Orgasmic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My friends organized a surprise bday cake from this place for me in January all I can say is the cake was tooooooooooooo good :) every month since I think I have been buying a cake or 2 from them...I loved the Black Forest cake, recently I tried the chocolate chip cake and it was nothing except amazing

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Nairobi, Kenya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Cake city has the best staff, And The cakes are the best i have tasted it's like a world of cakes and everything.

• Visited September 2013