“A cultural microcosm”

$69.00*
Half-Day Cultural Tour of Bomas of Kenya in Nairobi
$220.00*
and up
Nairobi National Park tour David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage Giraffes And...
$100.00*
and up
Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center, Karen Blixen Museum...
More attraction details
Owner description: Each boma (homestead) in this cultural village was built using traditional specifications of myriad Kenyan tribes; through architecture, crafts, music and dance this village serves to preserve Kenyan culture.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Bomas provides a cultural microcosm on the habitats and dances of the various tribes of people that form a part of Kenya.

The dance performances are scheduled in the afternoons and last about an hour. One can arrive an hour early and spend time visiting the different dwellings that are located withing this place.

1  Thank Gopal-Venkat

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love anything to do with traditional music,dance, or costumes and I purposely seek out entertainment like this when I travel. I knew I'd like this attraction after reading the reviews and I truly did enjoy the performance. It was more professional than I had expected. I thought the entrance fee was reasonable also. There was only one thing that I did not like. I did not like the craft market on the grounds. I thought the vendors were rather aggressive. I think it would be more professional to have an actual shop near the performance hall. The bomas started looking the same to me after about the 3rd village. But I must say that the exhibits were put together well and it was a rather nice walk between the villages. Go to this attraction if you can spare an afternoon in Nairobi.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Dancing was entertaining but difficult to hear narrator. Dancers were energetic and music was good. Bomas (traditional houses ) were interesting.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very imposing facility with a lot of space for events and lots of interesting activities and cultural stuff going on. I didn't spend much time here but I'll be back at Christmas with my family when I'm sure there'll be lots of fun stuff to do and see.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Exhibits East African culture and life style of the various tribes of Kenya, thier houses and of tourist attraction. There is a cusltural show and folk dances performed on the weekends. Place of tourist attraction in the outskisrts of Nairbi