“Worth Returning to”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Good food, good ambience, wide choice of food and drink and expensive to a degree. welcoming staff and good service
You want to go back every so often

Reviewed May 17, 2014

My friends and I went to Junction Mall for the Friday market to bargain for tourist items. After our shopping we were really happy to eat at the Art Cafe for lunch.

They have a lot of vegetarian options. I ordered the eggplant appetizer and then veggie cakes which is just a different name for falafel. Both were excellent. One of my friends had the squash ravioli which were very flavorful. My other friend had the caprese pizza which was also very good.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I often eat here because we get a decent meal. The service is good for Nairobi and the place is clean. We like to sit on the balcony but beware of the large volume of cigarette smokers. The menu has many offerings and the food is served timely, well cooked and tasty. They could turn the piped in music down a notch so I can hear conversations better. Recommended.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

sooo after art re opened...i was one of the excited ones...and was one of the first ones once it opened....bad idea! the food is okay...but the service...way too below average! it took 25minutes to be told they have run out of the dish i had orderd...?!?!!!! the set up is good...but thats about it!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great atmosphere and enjoyed hanging out at Art Cafe; I had great company. As a first timer, I expected to be blown away, but sadly, my expectations deflated as the evening wore on.
The service is mediocre and sloooow; there seems to be a direct correlation between the speed of service and number of wazungu guests at the table. So grab yourself a Mzungu before heading to art cafe if time is of essence for you.
Food.....meeeeeeeh! Eaten better food with more depth of flavor from food trucks. I went against my better judgment and ordered the cheesecake. Bad choice. Art Cafe is out of their depth with this dessert.
I would return, but with extremely low expectations and with some good company and take advantage of the great setting to chill out and pass an evening in Nairobi.