“An Evening at Windsor”

Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club
Ranked #37 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent and exclusive club & hotel. Absolutely amazing exprience. Great view, very friendly and attentive staff along with fantastic ambience. The Golf course's view is really good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have had two successive January golf breaks at the Windsor with my dear wife which speaks for itself but we may be biased as we love Kenya anyway having lived /worked there in the past . I enjoyed the 5* golf layout some memorable scenic holes /rounds and forgettable shots . I loved the course tough those it was but with a friendly caddy lining up my putts and the Sykes monkeys looking on so you do not forget you are inAfrica what more could you ask . The hotelside which is good alround standard unusual by its colonial style but with some great " Jambo " service thrown in ....clean rooms with a big comfy bed and a golf course view ...generous breakfast " al fresco " ....for us the poolside was the 19th with cold Tusker lager and a dip in the pool to cool off ....however we found pool area not so peaceful at weekends so we went off on safari the hotel was very helpful allowed us to keep our room . I can't wait escape the northern winter and land on the first tee again ! I should not be telling you this it was supposed to be a secret .

Room Tip: ...all rooms seem to be the same with same aspect
Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bert g
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My first hotel in kenia. Spacious room, nice poolbar, excellent breakfast, great runningtrack around the golfarea.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Ceciel81
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our stay here was just great. The rooms are a good size; beds very comfortable; staff are excellent; breakfast is great; good walking trails; sense of safety; nice to be in the country; pool area very friendly to adults and children; lots of little nooks to sit quietly; and we never even got a chance to golf! My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time here and recommend it heartily. Transport was safely and easily arranged by very competent front staff.

This was my second stay here. The first was when I was travelling alone, however, the experience was also excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms all face out onto the golf course I think. Upper floor rooms are larger I think.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My first stop in Kenya was the Windsor Golf Hotel and country club. What a grand and exotic hotel and experience. The service was world class.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank d b
Reviewed May 18, 2012

It takes a member to invite you, but if you can swing it you're in for a fabulous golf experience at this challenging course carved out of mature forest, with natural water hazards, professional caddies guiding you round, and chattering monkies commenting on your swing. Catch a bite and a cool drink at the turn.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2012

What a place to be within Nairobi and its adventure for a real place holiday and business activities. I would love to revisit the with my fiance to explore other Kenyan adventures and attractive place such as "Masai Villages".

Room Tip: side seeing on first floors
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Nairobi hotels
Safari Park Hotel
Sankara Nairobi
#8 of 169 in Nairobi
InterContinental Nairobi
#16 of 169 in Nairobi

Been to Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club

Address: Kigwa Road, off Kiambu Road | P.O. Box 45587, Nairobi 00100, Kenya
Location: Kenya > Nairobi
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#22 Business Hotel in Nairobi
#30 Luxury Hotel in Nairobi
Price Range: $214 - $280 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club 5*
The Windsor Golf Hotel & Country Club is Africa's leading Golf Resort having in it Kenya's best golf course. The resort is a mere 15 minutes drive from Nairobi's central business district and 45 minutes from the main airport. This Nairobi's leading 5 star golf hotel has a cluster of impressive Victorian style buildings with 130 deluxe rooms comprising of twins, doubles, studio suites and cottages all overlooking the spectacular 18-hole championship golf course. With a 16-hour business center, free wi-fi internet access in all rooms and public areas (for resident guests), jogging track, tennis & squash courts, heated pool among other facilities ensure you and your family won’t miss a moment of excitement. Our greatest asset is SPACE, a SERENE AMBIENCE and YOU our most valuable guest. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, HostelWorld, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Windsor Hotel And Country