Jacaranda Nairobi Hotel
Priceline
$225
$165
Agoda.com
All reviewsshopping mallpool areabreakfast buffet iscomfortable hotelmasai marawestlandsgymsarittaxisconferencesecurity
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here to attend a conference. The hotel has nice gardens and a pleasant atmostphere. The gym and the pool are a bonus. I would happily use this hotel again the next time I visit Nairobi - either on business or holiday

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cathyhugotrip
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, Front Office Manager at Jacaranda Nairobi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Cathy,

Thank you for the feedback and taking time to review Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi.

I am glad to note that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay. Indeed our large gardens, swimming pool and gym are just a few of our strengths that enable us meet our guests’ expectations.

We would be delighted to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel is as laidback as can be. Not ideal for the fast paced business traveller. However, Jacaranda's restaurant has a lovely breakfast spread and a very active gym where locals frequent.The rooms are large but the lighting is very bad.The low lighting and the outdated bathrooms give you a slightly creepy feeling. Staff is extremely polite and helps arrange safaris and local sightseeing .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Shriyanka,

Thank you for the feedback and taking time to review Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi.

I have taken note of your comments with regard to our rooms’ lighting and bathroom. We have taken these very seriously as we are planning major renovations and upgrades, in our rooms and public areas. Currently, a sample room is on progress and is expected to be complete in the next 2 weeks.

As we progress, we would like to contact you with the progress of our upgrades so that you may give us an opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was my first visit to Nairobi, so I haven't got much first hand experience with the convenience level of hotels in this city. The Jacaranda was disappointing with regard to the general level of comfort of the rooms: they are dark, not very big, very outdated bathroom, and don't feel entirely clean. Which is probably more down to the fact that everything is old, rather than the effort put into cleaning - service and maintenance all seemed fine. The pool area is lovely, nice little bar with a small terrace under the trees. Also the breakfast is great, good choices and high quality food. For a vacation this would all be fine, but I wouldn't recommend it to demanding business travelers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lou2204

Dear Lou2204,

Thank you for the feedback and taking time to review Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi.

I have taken note of your disappointment with regard to our rooms’ size, lighting and date. We have taken these very seriously as we are planning major renovations and upgrades, in our rooms and public areas. Currently, we have began replacing the beds and mattresses in all rooms and this will be complete in the next 2 weeks.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

4 nights here at Jacaranda was excellent and I enjoyed my short stay to the fullest. Service was good and staff is very helpful. Only negative point was the connection of wifi which is bit poor and drops most of the time. Though the room that I stayed so close to a road, didn't disturb me at all. Good hotel to recommend and airport is not far from the hotel either. Try not to travel during peak hours because you could stuck in for hours just like in Bangkok and Jakarta!!!

Room Tip: No comments!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback and taking time to review Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi.

I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us to be excellent, and in particular the helpful staff and good service.

Your feedback on the wifi is helpful to enable us establish the root cause of the wifi dropping and ensure a continuously stable connection. Feel free to contact me on kevin.kimutai@jacarandahotels.com.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcome you back to Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stopped here twice. It's a nice hotel and is very relaxed. Not the highest class establishment ever but that's a good thing and it has a bit of charm. Breakfast certainly varied and good quality. Certainly very relaxing and the Pizza Garden, associated with the hotel, is good for a meal. Again, not the best food but cheap, simple and easy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback and taking time to review Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi.

I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel’s food and service to be good.

In an effort to exceed our guests’ expectations, we are currently upgrading various aspects of the hotel including the rooms and restaurants; and your feedback is valuable to us as we improve.

I look forward to welcome you back to Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi.