My view after a business stay lasting for a couple of weeks
- central location - opposite a fairly large shopping mall, complete with coffee shop, supermarket, post office etc
- very good gym (for a hotel)
- breakfast is very good
- friendly staff
- reasonable rooms
- hotel wifi was rubbish. Problems over both weekends I was there "to be fixed by Monday". Irritating system of a complex code to access wifi - specific to one device and valid for 3 or 7 days. With smart phones, laptops, ipads etc, several codes are required, to be renewed frequently. This was changed to one single code during my stay - but wifi was slow / not strong enough to support skype calls.
- calling reception eg for ironing board can be irritating. If the phone is busy, you are taken to a voice mail system, assuring you that your call is important... then you are told the mail box is full and you cannot leave a message. This must have happened on about 10 occasions. How hard can it be to check and delete messages?
- despite numerous security staff, someone decided to knock on my door very loudly at about 4am. I ignored but it took a while for them to leave.
- rooms are a bit dated. Comfortable enough though
- if the gym is not busy, one or two of the gym staff lounge around in the gym, changing tv channels to their local favourite, volume very high. I felt as though I was intruding by being there on one or two occasions (other staff in the gym were very professional though)
- room service was disappointing. When I ordered something, after some time I was told it was not available. Nor was my next choice. I ended by asking what was available from the menu, settling for a sandwich. Which was toasted, despite me asking for it not to be.
- nothing to do with the hotel, but I was warned that it is not safe to wander around at night. And night starts at about 1830 or 1900 throughout the year... so long, dark nights.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jacaranda Nairobi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi