TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
A great week on safari and an amazing driver!

Our family had the best time with Sunworld Safari's! We were camping for a week in Samburu, their... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
754helenah
Sunworld Safaris.. Excellent!! One Exceptionally Happy Customer.

Booked my Safaris through Sunworld at the recommendation of The Sheldrick Trust. They were right... read more

Reviewed November 4, 2019
Alison W
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Nairobi
from $638.00
from $250.00
from $2,250.00
from $395.00
More Info
All reviews mara bush camp private wing game drives jeep driver amazing tracker accommodate requests day safari east tsavo perfect safari safari hats specific questions for making our holiday tour consultant rare sighting recent safari responded quickly guide james
Selected filters
Reviewed March 10, 2018

5 day safari March 2018
This was my first safari and the second for my friend. We were both blown away with the service and wonderful experience we had with sunworld!
Before the trip - I had filled out interest forms on several websites when looking for a safari and sunworld responded quickly with excellent, detailed information. They were quick to accommodate requests and planned a safari that was exactly within our dates and budget. Jonina was prompt with emails and communication was EXCELLENT.
On arrival - We arrived in Nairobi late in the evening and had an overnight at an airport hotel. A representative from Sunworld came to the airport to welcome us and ensure our hotel transfer had arrived. I was very impressed with this. The airport hotel they booked for us was fantastic and close by.
Amboseli - The first part of our safari was in Amboseli. We were picked up by Francis and he gave us safari hats to wear! We drove to Amboseli and stayed for two nights. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Francis is. He answered all of our questions, was knowledgable, professional, caring and warm. He is an excellent driver and we felt safe and in good hands. We were very sad to say goodbye to him. His safari vehicle was excellent with water and even power outlets!
Mara - We then flew to Maasai Mara and stayed 3 nights at Mara Bush Camp Private Wing which was INCREDIBLE. Our driver Arnold was the best driver in the park and skillfully handled all of the mud and river crossings with ease. He was also very knowledgable and got really close to the animals for us.
Return - We then flew back to Nairobi where a driver was waiting for us. As we had time before our flight he drove us around a bit and took us to a popular spot for lunch. He was very kind and showed no signs of being in a hurry.
The flights - Flying between parks was excellent. All the pilots were very professional and excellent. I was nervous but it was an amazing experience!

Overall, I cannot say enough good things about Sunworld. I am a detail oriented person and was blown away by their attention to detail and the hospitality we received. I would honestly recommend this company to anyone and everyone!! I really hope to go again and will definitely book my trip with Sunworld again!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed February 26, 2018

We used Sunworld to plan our safari in the Masai Mara and Serengeti and they did an incredible job. Carolyn, our agent, answered all of my questions before hand promptly and was very helpful throughout the planning process. Our driver in Kenya, Raymond, was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and he had my boyfriend and I cracking up laughing with some of his comments. He found us the Big Five in the first full day and it seemed like all the other guides were following him around because he always found animals first. It was an amazing experience and everything they were responsible for was executed perfectly. I would definitely recommend them!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 30, 2018

We flew from the wonderful Wilson Airport directly to the Masai Mara. Sunworld had been recommended by a conservation group. Our guide and driver met us at the Okiombo Airstrip. We were delighted to learn he had studied wildlife conservation in South Africa and really knew what he was talking about. We shared the vehicle with one other couple. They were experienced and spotted things almost as fast as our guide. I loved sleeping with the fresh air flowing through the tent, and the sound of hippos in the river below.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank rose4718
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

We used SunWorld Safaris of Nairobi for our 12 day Safari in Kenya and had a wonderful time. You tell them where you want to go and what kind of accommodations you want and they plan a trip for you. They provide a land cruiser and a driver/guide that stays with you throughout your trip. Our guide, Silas, was excellent. He spoke English well and taught us a lot about the animals we saw and about Kenya. We think this is far better than joining a large tour. It’s customizable to fit whatever you want to do. We would highly recommend SunWorld Safaris.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Gubie1947
Reviewed December 15, 2017

I just returned from my first trip to Kenya and my 9 days with Sunworld safaris was amazing. They did an excellent job tailoring the trip to my wishes and chose excellent bush camps and lodges for us to stay in. Our guide was incredibly knowledgeable and knew the answer to every question we had about the wildlife, birds, Kenya, Masai people, and on and on. Can't wait to go back and will definitely use Sunworld again!

Date of experience: November 2017