“Bad burgers, wonderful wings.” 3 of 5 stars

Urban Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #101 of 479 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Bad burgers, wonderful wings.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went there with my boyfriend, I ordered the two mini burgers, they were not very tasty. One was supposed to be spicy and it barely was. My boyfriend ordered their BBQ chicken wings and they were to die for! I ended up eating half of his food. Next time I go there I know what to order.

Ps: Their mint pineade is HORRID!!!

Kigali, Rwanda
“New, chic burger joint arrives in Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

From the owners of the popular Art Caffe restaurants comes Urban Gourmet Burgers. Very city trendy, very upscale gritty URBAN provides a chalk board menu of outstanding burger combinations, including classic burgers as well as unique recipes (eg. French burger topped with melted blue cheese). Be sure to try the delicious fries (served with garlic mayonnaise or old fashion ketchup), lemonade with infused mint, or the popular iced lemon tea.

This new burger joint in Nairobi is drawing crowds, so you can plan to wait on stools inside before being seated at the al fresco dining. Located in the city's popular Westgate mall in Westlands, this is the hottest new dining experience in town.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
nairobi
“identity crisis”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

loved the food, but weren't able to hear ourselves despite repeated requests from us and the table next to us to reduce the volume of the 14-22 year old rap music. looked around and everyone eating was well into their 30s many over 50...so they are marketing an atmosphere to an age group who can't afford a 750/- burger... and wont have me return (maybe for take away) because I don't want to pay 750/- to listen to rap... plus our waiter, who was very good, tried overly hard to talk american english in a cool accent that we of course couldn't hear over the rap music

Visited May 2013
“Best Burger in Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Perhaps with a bit of more experience, they have worked out the kinks in the system now. The staff were pleasant, quick and on task. The service was quick to order, received the food and to get the bill. I had the "Texas" burger which I enjoyed. Unfortunately the bacon was far from crispy, as it is described. I mentioned it to the manager that I do every much like my bacon crispy and would like it better that way next time. That minor and expected issue coupled with the high prices give it a 4 star. otherwise it was a great experience.

Few other notes of interest: They asked how I wanted the burger cooked. I ordered it medium and it came out perfect and juicy still. I read from another review that this was opened by the same guys as Art Cafe, shocking, since I HATE their burgers. Maybe they have gotten better. Also explains their pricing. Got vanilla ice cream at the end, quite good, not soft serve.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nairobi, Kenya
“poor experience...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Decided to visit this new restaurant as it looked good. Visited on Sunday afternoon when it was quite busy. Ordered a fish burger, but the wait was really long. So long in fact that the waitress got embarrassed and twice told me it was just coming. Very sadly when it arrived it was so salty it was practically inedible. Tried to discuss this with the waitress as I felt the management would like to know. The waitress appeared indifferent to my comments, so I very much doubt they were passed to the manager

So overall I wasn't impressed. I new place is sure to have teething problems, but there seems something badly wrong with the management of the place which I fear will inhibit it's success.

• 2 of 5 stars