“Mixed Experience”

Cuisines: American
Da Nang, Vietnam
“Mixed Experience”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Another offering by the guys running the Artcaffe chain of coffee shops in Nairobi, Mombasa and soon Kampala. This time they diversified into American cuisine, featuring various burgers (beef, chicken lamb) with a variety of imaginative choices. I visited the place twice, with pleasant outdoor seating on the terrace next to Artcaffe Westgate. Service was charming, though food took some time to be served. On my first visit both burgers we ordered ('Santa Fe' and 'Bacon Cheese Burger' well done) were completely overcooked, actually they were charred. My companion was quite disappointed and vowed not to return. I have given them a second chance and the quality of the burger had significantly improved. Still they lack juiciness and are not really value for money. The location, ambience and service compensates for these shortcomings. I will give them another try and hope the food quality improves further. Overall it's a good addition to the food scene at Westgate and we will probably see more branches popping up at other premium malls in East Africa.

• Visited April 2013