“Excellent hotel in the middle of the city”

Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Ranked #2 of 161 Hotels in Nairobi
“Excellent hotel in the middle of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Only spent one night here on business and it is in a perfect location for the Westlands and CBD areas of Nairobi. Great facilities and a lovely breakfast. Feels very safe and the security guards do a thorough job of checking cars and scanning bags etc.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear HungryT,
Thanks very much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and selecting the hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent stay.
My team and I are glad to read that you found the hotel to be secure and were impressed the facilities.
We do hope that you will return to stay with us for longer than one night the next time you visit, so that you have ample time to enjoy the facilities including the food and beverage outlets, fitness center and Kempinski The Spa.
In case I can be of any support with future reservations, please do get in touch.
Manish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Nice stay at a new hotel on the Nairobi scene. The hotel is well located near the central business district, but time still needs to be allowed for travel times. Security is well run and tight, and one feels confident. The hotel is less than a year old and nicely appointed as a high end business hotel. The staff is enthusiastic and attentive, and ready to serve. The Spa is very nice and treatments are well priced. The work out facility is all brand new and very complete with aerobic and weight equipment. The restaurant quality is good and two more restaurants are due to open. All in all, can recommend Villa Rosa - especially for those interested in secure, luxury business setting hotels in European or Western style.

Room Tip: Location is good, but plan for travel times due to Nairobi traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear rbwinston,
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to write this
We are glad to read that you had a pleasant stay the hotel and we appreciate your thoughts regarding the security, service, facilities and treatments at Kempinski The Spa and the food and beverage offerings.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the bear future so that you many enjoy all the facilities of the hotel including the full scale of food and beverage options.
In case I can support with future reservations, please do get in touch.
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This 5 star hotel is located on one of Kenya's main roads. I found the staff extremely friendly and professional. The deluxe room I stayed in was very big (especially compared to the last Scandinavian hotel I was in), at approximately 38 square meters. I found the room service to be good, save for the last night when I was serves an under cooked meal. Profuse apologies followed and the following morning I received an apology from the head chef also. People make mistakes, and I was not charged for the meal. I would say that room service prices are comparable to those in South Africa and marginally less expensive that Europe.

The room was clean, spacious and cool. The bed was on the hard side, but not uncomfortable. The breakfast variety is large and good.

Overall what impressed me the most was that friendly staff with big sincere smiles. I felt well taken care of!

Room Tip: The higher floors apparently have lower road noise levels. I was on the 9th (of 10), so road noise w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Matt B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi. We appreciate your feedback.
Your comment regarding the friendly colleagues with beaming smiles, makes me really happy and I will share your sincere appreciation with the entire team.
We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on room service on the last night and once again apologies for this.
Look forward to having you back with us in the near future, in case I can support with your future reservation and any other special requests that you may have during your stay – any food preferences etc, I will be happy to hear from you.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Was recommended this hotel by one of my colleagues who thought it was amazing. My first impressions were not identical, more of a clean, hotel with keen staff but over priced.
Was there for a couple of days with work and got into Nairobi in the late afternoon of first day so was keen to rest in the hotel as my journey to get there had been very long...(that's another story)
There were loads of pillows and cushions on the bed which is always a worry. I threw a lot of them off and was left with a number of pillows to try and get to comfortable and have a light sleep. Now, I am not allergic to anything so don't need special anything, just a nice couple of pillows... With the masses I had available in the room they all seemed to empty of everything when you put you head on them... So, using 1 felt like you had your head flat on the mattress, 2 was still too few and then 3 gave me terrible neck ache...
Over the course of my stay there I could not get a comfortable nights sleep using any different permutations of pillows which was a shame...
The other thing I would comment on is that the free shampoos and shower gels in the room did not appear to be inkeeping with a 4 or 5 star hotel. It would have been nicer to have some better quality products to use given the rating of the hotel and the pricing of it...
I am not sure what was making the hotel so expensive as the labour costs in Nairobi are not high so therefore construction costs of the hotel cannot be high... Anyway, that was my trip to this hotel... Hope you find this useful.
Beware of the traffic over there and also I would recommend only using the hotel transfer service and the hotel limos to drive you around.,, there is a lot of unrest and security issues over there at the moment, not that I saw any evidence of issues there...

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 5, 2015
Dear ukdcham,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I have noted your concern regarding the range of pillows that were available, and apologies that you were not able to have a good night’s sleep. During your next reservation request to the hotel, please let us know your preference of pillow type.
We are glad to read that you felt safe at the hotel and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at the hotel once again in the near future, and if I may be of any support with your next inquiry, please do let me know.
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our experience at the Lucca Restaurant was uninspiring. The extractor fans in the kitchen were loud making conversation rather difficult. Waiter service was friendly but the food was a disappointment -bland and ordinary.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank wayne m
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear wayne m,

Thank you so much for your recent review on your dining experience at LUCCA.
Firstly we would like to apologize for the extractor fans being too loud, we have now worked on this issue and it has been solved, so the next time you visit the restaurant I am sure you will all be audible.
In regard to the food not being as per your expectations, we do kindly request you to give LUCCA another chance. The restaurant is well liked by both the resident community and hotel guests, with Chef's Silvio's home cooked recipes garnering popularity.
If i can be of any support with your next reservation at LUCCA, please contact me.
lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I had to chance to stay in Villa rosa Kempinski, for a week time during my business visit to Nairobi.
The hotel can be considered for business stays and suitable to meet customer in the lobby, However it is has so many luxurious aspect from the hot outdoor swimming pool along with the gym that has a private trainer and of course the SPA including Jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath and massage.

the italian and the far east restaurant are good, the morning buffet is rich and the bar at night has cool/ friendly people serving you.

The thing that really draw my attention is the professionalism that the staff have, really you do provide a good service and i appreciate if you continue in the same way.

the rooms are big and the bathrooms are even bigger, i felt comfortable sleeping over, wireless is for free everywhere.

at the end i am going to sign a corporate agreement so all my colleagues can share the same experience i did.

Thanks

Room Tip: take the rooms facing the road, if possible the high rooms who are in the middles they have the best...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear RolandEid,
Firstly thank you for selecting Villa Rosa Kempinski as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent stay in the city.
We are happy that you enjoyed the facilities and services at the hotel including Kempinski The Spa, LUCCA our Italian Restaurant and Deli, Café Villa Rosa – all day dining and The Balcony Bar.
I do value your comments regarding the good service, and will share this with the team.
In case I can support with future reservations, please do get in touch. Look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Besides some very very small hiccups, my stay was flawless. Even without previous booking for transfer, the hotel representative at the airport arranged for a driver. Breakfast was fantastic, the room where I ended up staying (one of the hiccups was the first night room, even though I requested king bed I got a noisy twin room, but was changed the next morning) was beautiful and quiet, concierge works very well and the hotel is very safe. Had a wonderful massage at the spa and enjoyed the beautiful heated pool. I am convinced it is the best hotel in Nairobi and recommend it strongly.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business