“Oasis in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Oasis in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This property really is a gem.
Check in was fast efficient and friendly.
Large well appointed room, only gripe no coffee/tea station.
Excellent breakfast.
Free wi fi.
Nice Spa/Health Club
No matter where you are in the property the staff greet and really go out of their way to make you feel at home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear whereswally_9
Thank you so much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am glad to read that you found the hotel to be an oasis in Nairobi.
Thank you for the wonderful compliments in regard to the check in process, large room size, breakfast quality, internet connectivity, spa and fitness center. We want to assure our travelers of memorable travel journeys when they opt to stay with us.
The tea / coffee making facilities is definitely an amenity that we are looking to incorporate in the category of rooms that currently do not have this facility.
I will most definitely pass on all your kind words to the team at the hotel and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at the hotel in the near future.
In case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Nairobi, as well as any other growing city in any part of the developing world, has been challenged to the limit on its infrastructure and has totally been overun by the fast population inflow into the city.
It was great to find this hotel during our three night stay. The hotel is a fortress giving you a sense of safety and security in a somewhat............city. Where do I begin, the rooms are very nicely appointed and very spacious with a great balcony. We tried all of the restaurants and they were all very good, especially the Italian one. Great BAR. The SPA is first class and their massage service is heavenly. The pool and the pool restaurant/bar is in a great location and view. But, but the very best thing this hotel has going for them is their staff. I wish I coul point out by name all of the staff that I encounter, but it would be un fair to those that i did not. They make feel good, safe, happy, pampered, unique and well cared for. To me this is a 5 Star+++++ hotel

Room Tip: A room with a balcony
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 6, 2015
Dear balz,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am pleased to read that you found the rooms to be spacious and enjoyed the balcony facility that your room had, it’s also nice to read that you felt secure with the hotel.
We do have a range of outlets on site and LUCCA, Italian restaurant and deli is a favorite for many. Great to also read that you enjoyed Balcony Bar and Kempinski The Spa.
I will pass on your kind words regarding service to all my colleagues and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you once again in the near future.
See you soon.
Manish
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Nairobi is not exactly awash with great hotels but the Villa Rosa is a true gem. As a new five star hotel I expected great rooms and facilities but Villa Rosa delivered beyond my expectations. Of note were the wonderfully comfortable bed and spacious and well appointed bathroom. The only downside about the room was a lack of tea and coffee making facilities, which were provided on request.
Other facilities at the hotel are also a great standard. The spa is excellent and the gym and swimming pool well equipped and with a good degree of privacy. The hotel has a number of dining options and my experience was mixed. Breakfast was good in the main restaurant. The Italian restaurant lacked atmosphere and the food service in the bar area was slow. At the same time the food was good and I passed my negative comments to the hotel management.
The best part of the Villa Rosa was the staff. From the management down every member of staff made me feel special. There is a genuine Kenyan warmth that makes you want to return at the earliest opportunity.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise it is best to request a room at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Geesan
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi. We appreciate your feedback.
My team and I are glad to hear that the hotel’s room and facilities were beyond your expectations of that of a luxury hotel.
Thank you for the compliments on the Spa and Fitness Center, Kempinski The Spa is a new concept to the region and is proving to be very popular with guests. The treatments are definitely worth a try – they are extremely relaxing and rejuvenating.
In regard to your feedback on the service at the bar, I have taken this up with our Food and Beverage Director and this will definitely be looked into.
I will let all my colleagues know that you were happy with the warm hospitality at Villa Rosa Kempinski.
We would like our guests to have great memories of their stay at Villa Rosa. In case we can support with future reservations, please let us know.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel and feels just like the one in Geneva. Rooms are spacious and well finished and the staff are excellent.

Gym is extremely good and the pool is a decent size. Only down side, and it's a small one, is the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Small complaint, but there is something relaxing about being able to make your own tea when travelling on business.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Its an excellent hotel located in Westlands, very secure hotel with nice and friendly staff. They arranged an unforgettable trip to Nakuru for me as well. I had no issues at all during my four nights stay apart from the bad WiFi coverage on 6th floor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear alihameeds,
I appreciate you highlighting aspects of your stay, including the fact that you felt secure within the hotel and the service. Great to also note that you enjoyed the trip the hotel organized for you to Nakuru.
I apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your stay in regard to the Wi-Fi.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at the hotel in the near future. In case I can be of any support with future inquires please do let me know.
Best Regards
Manish
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The location, the staff, the rooms, the food, all were excellent. If I had to pick a complaint it would be the slow internet, but given the quality of the rest of the offering that is only a minor point, if a frustrating one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear TheRunawayFound,

Thank you for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am so delighted to read that you had an excellent experience at the hotel.
We do hope that you will be back to stay with us in the near future.
In regard to your note on the slow internet, we are looking at increasing bandwidth.
Once again thanks for selecting Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi as your hotel of choice during your recent visit to Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Had the best birthday dinner ever! the cold cuts and cheese platter and pasta was to die for!.the desserts are very plain....but the whole experience was very memorable. I will be back,loved it.loved it

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Frieda A
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Frieda,
Thank you very much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are extremely pleased to read that you had an amazing birthday dinner at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I will definitely pass on your compliments to the Executive Chef and his team regarding the delicious cheese platter, selection of cold cuts and pasta.
We look forward to having you back with us for yet another memorable experience.
Thank you for selecting Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi as your venue of choice for your special day. My team and I would like to wish you a fantastic year.