Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
$157
$101
$78
Priceline
All reviewsbalcony barbelly dancerin room diningbeautiful hotelworld classupon checkspecial thankssecurity checkheated poolbreakfast buffetchecking outcomfortable roomsmasai marabusiness tripluccaspatambourine
Reviewed November 27, 2013

After approx. three weeks of traveling around western Kenya we arrived back in Nairobi for a few days of R & R before returning home. The Villa Rosa Kempinski exceeded our expectations in every way. Staff was outstanding, the rooms were quiet and comfortable and food in restaurant was excellent. I would strongly recommend this hotel. This was our first time staying in a Kempinski hotel but will not be our last.

Room Tip: Front side of building is a little noisy due to busy road but the extremely comfortable beds and bedding made sleep not a problem.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2013

After spending a considerable five years in Africa and being well versed with the level of professionalism/ (unprofessionalism, in some cases), the newly opened Villa Rosa Kempinski in Nairobi took me by surprise! My family had a memorable stay out there.
Not only was it a cleverly designed modern structure but also a beautiful one. Even though all the restaurants are not functional at this stage, the one that was open was magnificent. My resolution to watch what I eat has gone down the drain, as the chefs came up with an irresistable menu and managed to up-sell their scrumptious wares! Darn!!!
Having said that, I look forward to visiting the hotel again in the near future when the restaurants are open and running. The staff was pro active and polite and extremely patient with my precarious toddler! Thanks team Villa Rosa- See you all soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Sbn07,

Thank you so much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, and selecting the hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation during your visit to Nairobi.

My team and i are extremely pleased to read that you were happy with the design of the hotel, quality of food and level of service. I will most definitely pass on your compliments to the entire team.

Look forward to welcoming both you and the family back in the near future for when our restaurants (88 Pan - Asian and Tambourin - Moroccan Lounge) will also be open. Lucca, our Italian restaurant is opening very soon on the 06th Dec.

In case we can support with future reservations to provide yet another memorable stay in Nairobi, please do get in touch.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My first impression of the hotel was really not the best. At the gate you are met by very polite security staff but unfortunately, their uniform is really just pathetic. It was ill fitting to the level of forcing one to avert their gaze due to the way it accentuated all the unflattering features of wearer.

The second thing that really peeved me was the writers at the bar inside the hotel. The friend who we were going to see asked to see the doctor or a nurse as she was unwell and she was informed that the doctor is not there, intact he usually takes off just like that without telling anyone. We then ordered a croissant and the waitress came back and announced the ones that are did not look so fresh, and she advise us to have something else!

Who in the service industry comes to air their dirty laundry to the client especially in such a new establishment that is claiming to offer 7 Star services?????

I think you need to train your wait staff prudence when dealing with clients, get your security personnel uniforms befitting your establishment and ensure yhay your medical staff are always on call.

You cannot claim to even be a five star hotel is your major aspects of your service delivery is not uptown scratch.

Do something, or you will not last long, that is my advice..

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank MukamiK

Dear MukamiK,
Thank you taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
It is indeed very unfortunate that you did not review the hotel in a positive light.
Our hotel uniforms were designed by a top designer and are actually complimented by a lot of the hotel guests.
I am also disappointed to read that the doctor was not available when you requested to see him. I will definitely look into this, since we do have a full time doctor and nurse on property to take care of any medical emergencies.
Croissants are a Viennoiserie product and are best eaten fresh, in the early hours of the morning – from oven to plate.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you back at the hotel in the near future so that you can experience the essence of the Kempinski brand – providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Rooms are well done and beds are wonderfully comfortable(I'm not a fan of the windows that look into bathrooms but it seems to be the trend); the toiletries are nice but not ultra-luxe, nice crisp LCD TVs with great channel selection

Adequate gym (could use more free weights) but certainly adequate. The gym is in a separate building called the Galleria. Swimming pool has recessed lighting and had a pleasant temperature.

The one current restaurant (there are others being build in the compound) has a good selection of food; reasonably priced for Nairobi however the portion sizes are not adequate especially the asian/Indian dishes. The buffet is an alternate but tends to be very meat heavy and quite pricey (40 USD)

Service overall was good - the person who checks you in walks you up to the room. They added a baby cot into my room and offered an assortment of fresh fruits a gratis at my request.

The conceirge is knowledgeable and trustworthy - the car we hired was reasonably priced compared to other taxis.

Great security at the front gates as well (if that's a factor in your stay)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are delighted to read that you were happy with the rooms and quality of food.

I have noted your concern regarding the free weights in the gym and i will definitely look into this with our Gym Manager.

I have also taken note of your comment regarding the portion size of the Indian / Asian dishes at Cafe Villa Rosa and will also look into this with our Executive Chef.

I will definitely pass on your compliments to the entire service team.

Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi assures travellers of memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi in the near future. In case we can be of any support with future reservations please do let us know

Reviewed November 8, 2013

rooms are very spacious but the ones facing chimoro road are very noisy, even in the 9th floor. windows are very thin - a little extra investment would have made a difference. staff are friendly but not always up to the task. we asked for a map of nairobi and it took three people 15 minutes to find one. we needed an early breakfast which arrived 20 minutes late- not nice when you have to rush to the airport.
breakfast and restaurant are excellent.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank d s
BernardMercier, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent review on your stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are happy to note that you found the rooms to be spacious and enjoyed dining at the restaurants at the hotel. I have taken note of your feedback regarding the windows and map and breakfast being delivered late, and will take this up with the team. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Its great to receive such candid feedback as it helps us identify what we are doing right, and what we may need to work on to assure that all our guests have a memorable stay with us
We hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at the hotel once again in the near future. If we can support with future reservations, please let us know.