Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Priceline
$308
$260
Priceline
All reviewsbalcony barbelly dancerin room diningbeautiful hotelworld classupon checkspecial thankssecurity checkheated poolbreakfast buffetchecking outcomfortable roomsmasai marabusiness tripluccaspatambourine
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked into this new and quite impressive hotel for a 3 day break from 14th/17th September 2013 only to find out that some of the promised features do not yet exist.
On arrival we were quite impressed by the beautiful entrance, with its manicured grounds and very friendly staff, check in was very smooth and the greeting was impressive, hot towels and a refreshing drink to greet us.
We stayed in a beautiful deluxe room, extremely comfortable and well equipped, however, on day two we decided to have a quiet day and catch up on our sleep but despite us using the "do not disturb" button housekeeping constantly tried to enter the room to service it.

As we were on a relaxing break we were looking forward to relaxing by the pool and trying out the many restaurants and choice of food but none of these facilities exist yet, we were very disappointed.

Room Tip: I;m sure there is not a bad room in the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Noel S
BernardMercier, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are glad to hear that you were happy with your room and service at the hotel.
We will share your candid feedback with the team, thanks for this.
We do apologize that the specialty restaurants were not open for you to try during this visit, however we do hope that you will return soon to try out Lucca, our Italian restaurant, 88 - Pan Asian and Tambourin the Moroccan Lounge.
In case we can support with future reservations, please let us know.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

It is my second day at the hotel and I decided to share this review with you. This is my first stay at the hotel which was just opened earlier this month. The property is impressive and the staff is more than excellent. Starting with the front desk whose team (Pauline) was very welcoming and helpful, I started my enjoyable experience. The concierge team is helping me to get my lost luggage from the airport in a way that completely isolated me from the problem. The food is also great whether at breakfast (Katherine) or room service. Above all, I came across one of the staff whose title is "Lady in red" (Esther). Her job is to make sure that their guests are just enjoying their stay. I liked that!
If you want a hotel to stay at in Nairobi, I definitely recommend Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.

Room Tip: Don't worry! They are going to take care of you :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank powerfactor
BernardMercier, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post on your recent stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
Glad to hear your overall experience at the hotel is impressive.
I will definitely pass on your compliments to all my colleagues, glad to also hear that you were happy with the role of The Lady in Red, she is the ‘ambassadrice par excellence’ of the hotel – instead of a red button to push on the phone, you can speak directly to a Lady in Red to receive personalised service, a very unique role at Kempinski Hotels.
Look forward to having you back with us again, in case we can help with future reservations, please do let us know.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Have enjoyed a sumptuous meal at The Kempinski Villa Rose and its definitely a place worth not missing when in Nairobi! Very elegant and the service perfect! Will be staying here for a long time to come whenever am in Nairobi which is often!

• Stayed: September 2013
BernardMercier, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent review on your stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am glad to hear that you had a pleasent stay at the hotel. I will definitely pass on your compliments to the kitchen team and the rest of my colleagues at the hotel.
At Kempinski its about creating memorable travel journeys, which include tasty food and beverage offerings which are simply unforgettable and faultless guest service.
Looking forward to having you back with us in the near future, please do let us know if we can support with future reservations.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

A friend and i had lunch on 15/09/2013,the staff were all very friendly,the attention from the parking area to the restaurant was very different from any other i have experienced,i felt very welcome and at home.I enjoyed the lunch immensely and my oh my,the decadent desserts!!! Loved each and every bite i ate...mmmm,i can still have the taste of the chocolate cake with raspberries and blueberries. The fruit was sooo fresh! Keep it up! Too bad i didn't get his name,but there was an amazing member of staff who served us the desserts and even carried them to our table..i'm definitely coming back after i work off those calories :)
Ella of guest relations gave us a great tour of the hotel at the end of our long lunch.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the top floor facing the highway,the view is breathtaking
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa R
BernardMercier, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on the hotel and your lunch experience at Cafe Villa Rosa. My team and I are extremely delighted to hear that your overall experience was enjoyable.
We will definitely pass on your compliments to all colleagues.
Our Executive Chef, Pastry Chef and the rest of the food and beverage team look forward to having you over for a meal once again in the near future.
In case we can assist with any future reservations for the hotel's services please let us know.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were received warmly by Mr.Ken Kinyua and Susan the receptionist....they completely made us feel at home! Rooms have no single issue, food is great, and George in Concierge is very friendly! Hilary Siele

Room Tip: Superior rooms facing forest/road....has excellent balconies !
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank director059

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi. My team and i are happy to hear that you enjoyed the overall experience at the hotel. We will pass on your compliments to all our colleagues. Look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the near future.