“Friday Lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 191 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Friday Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were looking for a place to have lunch away from the usual places around the office and ended up at Gracia Gardens.

Two of my workmates had buffet and three of us had a la carte.

The guys who had the buffet said the food was just ok and nothing special in it.

I had pepper steak and a plate of fries. The food was well prepared, tasty and fresh.

The other guys had lamb chops and they also found the food nice and tasty.

The lawns and the landscaping is very well done and for that they get good marks.

I wouldn't mind relaxing here on a lazy afternoon in their nice garden.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gibson S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

this was the 2nd time i visited Gracia and i was very dissapointed. First, when i made the booking, the confimation i got was completely wrong. When i tried to change it, i got no response. When i arrived at the hotel, they didnt know i was comming. Even tho they accually send me a confirmation.
At check out, i got a differant price than what i got in my confirmation. And when i emailed the manager after my depature, he read the Message, but never answered me. So i am very dissapointed. When i travel 6000km and got a confirmation, i expect Things to be in order.

the room was Nice and clean. Some of the staff are also helpfull and Nice!

I will not visit this Place again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Palsob

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Everything about staying at Gracia Gardens is just fine. The food is fine, the room was fine, the shower was fine. There was really nothing outstanding about this place, but it did the job of a place to lay your head; it was clean and accommodating.

I will complement them on their landscaping though. Really lovely.

I would encourage the management to work on the internet connection as there was none available in my room (#16 I believe).

Room Tip: Don't choose room #16. There is no wireless access there and it sounds like there are monkeys cl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mbuya
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Went there for a conference and stayed for five nights. The hotel in several buildings is located in a beautiful tropical garden. The food in the restaurant was simple, but prepared with great care and was always good. The rooms are fine and cozy, but in my first room the shower had only extremely hot water. Couldn't be fixed so I moved to another room, which was fine for the rest of the stay. The staff was very sweet. I would stay there again, if I came on a private visit- Gracia Garden is not exactly a business hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Ingrid W
Bolgatanga, Ghana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Through my travel agent in Kenya, I booked for one night. When my plans changed (which could happen when you are on holiday), I had to cancel this booking, which I did a week in advance to ensure full refund, only to find out that they do not refund at all if you cancel seven days before arrival. So just consider that while booking, meanwhile I will never book with them anymore.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
nijmegen
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We spent one night in Garden hotel, which was allright, and in a quiet street. However, one of the pillows had a strong smell,as if the sheets hadn't been washed properly.
Another night we spent in the Gracia hotel, which works together with the Garden hotel. This hotel was a bit disappointing. We had a view over a noisy street, and were kept out of our sleep because there was a bar next to the hotel with loud music. The shower was cold. However, there was WIFI available, breakfast was fine and the staff was kind. We celebrated a birthday at night, and the staff was singing and dancing very enthusiastic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Make no mistake, if you want a sleek, business hotel with mod-cons and super-fast broadband, this is probably not the place for you. The pool, when I was there, was empty (albeit surrounded by a charming courtyard), internet access was slow, but normally available and the garden was delightful, but backed on to a river with an 'interesting' odour.

But, this is very much a recommendation. Both rooms I had (I stayed at the start and end of my trip) were very comfortable, the mid morning and afternoon tea and coffee was a fantastic addition and the hotel staff couldn't do enough to help. Breakfast was great and the hotel is very secure, clean, gives an impression of being away from the bustle of Nairobi and is in a great part of town. Although the access wasn't great, I was still able to work remotely and I slept very well each night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business