Karen Country Lodge
$138
$308
$260
Priceline
All reviewsthe cottagesgreat accommodationone night stayserene environmentgreat place to stayhome away from homebusiness tripweddingfireplacegueststubsecurityprivacylodgingkenyaoutskirtssafari
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a wonderful stay here while in Nairobi. The Rooms, food and general atmosphere was perfect. Would happily recommend especially for couples. Great value for money. Hope to come back very soon. Lovely gardens and water features. Quiet and safe in a good location. Easy to get to and from the airport and very accommodating. My room had an open fire, and huge bathroom and lounge area, cable TV and tea and coffee facilities. See pictures. Would love to come back with my partner. Perfect for couples. Thanks Rob and Georgina.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 4 it was wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Doron M
Jedidah N, Guest Relations Manager at Karen Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2014

Karen Country Lodge was happy to host you Doron.Thank you so much for your positive review and we look forward to hosting you and your partner when you come back.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Karen Country Lodge is like a hidden gem. Was looking for a place where we could reconnect with hubby after being away from one another for a while, all I can say......We enjoyed our one night there. They have wonderful hospitality! The cottages are amazing with splendid décor....was impressed with the double shower concept. We shall definitely be back! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kui_nganga
Jedidah N, Guest Relations Manager at Karen Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2014

Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay Kui.Thank you for your review and you are most welcome once again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have been to the lodge on a few occasions for meals and drinks at the restaurant. I always wondered when and where they were putting up the accomodation area because I thought it was going to be a lovely place to have a get away.
I found out while browsing that they had actually set up the lodge and had cottages available.
Arrived late afternoon after making a call early in the week to check availability.
The rooms are just lovely. Set up on raised wooden cottages. They are tastefully decorated, the bathroom beautiful, with twin rain showers and claw foot bathtub.
They have an option of a fire being lit for you if the room gets too cold. There is a little kitchenette that allows for coffee making and a small fridge too. Each has a small verandah that one can sit out in and relax while reading, having a drink or just napping.
The cottages are arranged in a way that there are those that are closer to the dam, and those a level higher. There are beautiful glass decorations along the path to the accomodation area, Dan I believe they are going to keep changing the place with new ideas.
The only problem I noted was the stench from the dam, and the mosquitoes. Yes, each cottage has an electric trap and insect repellant spray but I believe a net would be very useful in preventing the mozzie nuisance.
The breakie was served by polite staff, and on being received during check in, the service was commendable.
Noted that we didn't get a clear indication of check out time, but the staff were so accommodating it was refreshing.
I would definitely recommend the lodge and would also definitely make another visit.
They have special rates for residents, great plus for that!!!!,

Room Tip: The cottages further from the dam though restricted view may be better until they clear the dam, and deal with the stench, and mosquitoes
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank wanderlustciru
Jedidah N, Guest Relations Manager at Karen Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2014

Wanderlustciru thank you for your positive review.We will consider your concern with out most importance.You are welcome to enjoy our products again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Karen Country Lodge what can I say, hospitality at its best!!
The food, atmosphere, room, grounds and staff are all the best of quality!!
Warm wood burning fires in the rooms at night and breakfast in bed in the morning.
What more can one want?
I will be back again and again !!

Room Tip: Ask to use a fishing rod as the little lake is full of fish!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HGHAKJ

We are glad you enjoyed.welcome once again HGHAKJ

Reviewed March 29, 2013

When I traveled to Nairobi last month, I was told to stay in a nice, safe district called Karen. While researching lodging options I was faced with choices that were scary in both price and aesthetic ! Just when I thought I'd have to get ripped off or... on the other extreme, camp out- I found the perfect place - an oasis called... The Karen Country Lodge !!! A unique,gem and an excellent value for the money- well worth it !l The property is adorned with glass sculptures,mobiles, and related art created by an artist who has her studio on the property. My A- framed modern dwelling was situated by a pond and surrounded by vessels turned every which way containing an eclectic mix of herbs, flowers , rocks and found objects. Besides the visual delight, the staff and service was excellent, friendly, helpful and supportive. One rainy, chilly evening the manager came by and set up a fire for me in my fireplace ! The only downside is there are no screens on the windows to really enjoy the fresh air and no mosquito net - rather, they use some kind of electric mosquito catcher which did not help! I wish they would forgo a bit of design and add nets. Since nothing is ever perfect- i still rate this place as excellent !!!!

Room Tip: rooms by the pond have the best view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Suzanne L
Jedidah N, Guest Relations Manager at Karen Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2014

We at Karen Country Lodge were happy to host you.Thank you for your positive review and we shall consider your suggestions.We look forward to hosting you again.