“Spanish food out of Spain”
Review of La Mesa Espanola

La Mesa Espanola
Ranked #515 of 609 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Spanish, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Mesa Espanola offers Spanish cuisine experience with a Kenyan touch.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Been noticing the signs of La Mesa Espanola around Peponi Road area. We are very new to the country, less than four months old, just moved into Gigiri Road two weeks ago. We have been to various dining places and we as usual, just keep on dining out to eventually find one that would be special.
La Mesa Espanola, did not disappoint us. Service is good, the imported Iberico ham is so good - not too salty, soft & smooth no after taste, restaurant manager and waiter were very well informed & hospitable. My husband was able to enjoy his Rioja too. For a less than a year old restaurant, the team will certainly make this into one of the best family retaurant in Nairobi. From the guard who op ens the gate, to the car park attendant, to the bar staff to the kitchen washer up to the chef and the management....... All the best for the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Good food, wine and ambience. Attentive staff and a nice setting. Very good value for the quality of food and presentation.

1  Thank jmcgilvray
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The food is really good - we loved in particular the meat and the home-made bread - the place is nice and the staff very friendly. I am sorry that the restaurant was almost empty, but I don't understand why because we had such a good dinner tonight, and the dishes weren't too expensive at all!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have been there many times, with family, with friends... and I have never been disappointed. Not only the food is good but the service is excellent. It is a good opportunity for tasting good spanish wine recomended by an expert in wines who can advise you in the best wine match to your food. Highly recomended!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Totally disapointing, they have great location, good scenic view good environment, but service is terrible!! They took very long to serve us a paella that came cold, theymixed my order brought something we didn't ask for. The serving portions are small but the prices are high. Not going there anymore! I have asked other friends that went there if they will return and all said a conclusive NO! I'm sorry, hope they improve and get other first visits with better impresion!