“Just what I needed”

Muhibbah
Ranked #450 of 593 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I didn't really give the choice of this restaurant much thought as I stumbled upon it in the hotel I was staying in. However, I was glad I did. The food was fantastic of a high quality and affordable but fairly predictable. The service was impeccable and the staff friendly.

It's worth nipping up to the roof bar afterwards for after dinner drinks.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Sankara should have rally done better given how incredibly pricey the menu is. The restaurant is a bit pretentious given you have to make a reservation otherwise they refuse to serve you. When we got there there were so many empty tables!

The restaurant feels like a fast food place and the decor and ambience is really lacking. The food was tasteless. We had ordered two separate and different thai curries. There was no differentiating tastes or aromas between them with the exception of the dominant taste of palm sugar.

A very disappointing experience and one to avoid!

3  Thank ashah_008
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just had dinner at Muihbbah.

We were looking for some place that did South Eastern cuisine and M fit the bill.

We made a reservation, just in case. Fortunate for us as the place was quite full shortly after we got in there, though nearly all others were walk ins.

The staff are very pleasant and friendly. You are given a menu on which you mark what you want. Interesting for an up market place like M, but I guess they are trying to keep the street food touch.

We wanted something off the menu and the chef came across to discuss and agree on the main course. That was very good too.

The food itself was more Malaysian than anything else, but tasted rather nice.

One of our table mates had a satay which she just loved.

We didn't do the desserts as there was nothing inspiring there.

Overall this is a great restaurant and I have just 2 negatives.

1. It is very expensive for what you get. I have had bigger better meals in as good restaurants in Nairobi for far less.

2. The tables are too close to each other. You can hear pretty much everything the table next to you is conversing. And we had a table of Americans 3 tables away and that was really bad!

Not sure I'll be back in a hurry.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Dined at Muhibbah last week and it was amazing. I expect the rating to increase rapidly as it gains momentum with the Sankara hotel itself.

I agree with the comment regarding "ticking your own menu" - for a high-end place not really what I expected (in fact you would expect the waiter to remember every order, tweaks and all, without having to write anything down).

The only other thing was that the waiter looked a bit puzzled when we asked for the red wine to be chilled slightly (they mean room temprature in Europe dear...).

Nevertheless, my Thai chicken curry was perfect, it truly was like I was sitting with my feet in the sands of Koh Phi Phi Don. Fantastic.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have discovered this place by chance on Jan 1st, 2013 as was invited by a friend that had booked it for a private party... Fell in love with the food and been back three more times since (two birthdays including mine and a get-together with another couple of friends).

I find the food VERY VERY good and the prices are VERY reasonable for where U R and the quality of the food.

The service is my only complain about this place. Although the waiters are very well trained and very courteous service is very slow and sometimes being left alone wondering when they will come :)

All in all I suggest it as the food is REALLY good!