“Very comfortable boutique hotel with great staff” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Cold Springs Karen Boutique Hotel
Ranked #19 of 220 Nairobi B&B and Inns
NYC
“Very comfortable boutique hotel with great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I really enjoyed my three nights at Cold Springs Karen. First off, the staff is amazing. Super friendly and accommodating. They went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and happy. They really catered to me.

The grounds are beautiful and private. The pool was super clean and very inviting even though I didn't have the opportunity to use it.

The room was huge! The bed was really comfortable and you had plenty of space to stretch out. I can honestly say that the food I ate at the restaurant was fantastic! I was there in low season so I was basically the only one at the restaurant and the chef made me delicious breakfasts and dinners. He went out of his way to prepare my breakfast way early because I had to travel to downtown Nairobi very early in the mornings. Given the location (more on that below) of the hotel, I was really happy to find that the food was so delicious and the restaurant so relaxing.

As for the location .... well, if you are heading to downtown Nairobi this hotel will be a challenge for you. The reason I stayed here was that we were supposed to hold a workshop in the area but it was shifted at last minute to downtown. This hotel is VERY far traffic wise from downtown. For an 8am meeting you need to get out the door at 5:30-6:00am.

So I probably won't stay at this hotel again, but it was a fantastic stay and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a totally relaxing and private stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank sebibond1
Grace S, MD at Cold Springs Karen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Cold Springs - Karen Boutique Hotel. It was a pleasure hosting you. We do hope to extend our warm hospitality to you again should you have any business in the Karen area in future.

We value your feedback and shall share it with the team.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Essex UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We have stayed here twice now and even though we now live in Kenya we bring our friends and business meeting there. Why? Grace & her staff are so friendly, they just respond to any request with ease & grace.

Room Tip: We have had Room 9 both times
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TrevorWEssexUK
Grace S, MD at Cold Springs Karen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
It was a real pleasure to have hosted you again. The management and staff feel honored to have had the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you and your friends. Now that you are based in Kenya, please consider Cold Springs - Karen Boutique Hotel as your second home :)
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

1. 7 Star standard @ 3 star tariff in Nairobi
2. Very hygiene, spacious room, secured place, all amenities available
3. Absolute privacy, calm place
4. Amazing staffs,friendly chef and customized food

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Krishnakumar P
Grace S, MD at Cold Springs Karen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the review and for the positive comments.

It was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to welcoming you back :)
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We were a group of 6 on safari and stayed 2 times 2 nights in this oasis and enjoyed the food and good service tremendously. It's ideally placed in the Karen area and In short - you'll not regret a stay at this gorgeous place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Grace S, MD at Cold Springs Karen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
The Management Staff of Cold Springs - Karen Boutique wish to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the feedback. We hope to get another opportunity to extend our warm hospitality to you again in future.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Was there for business trip, although it's alittle far from the City, the hotel was amazing, With only 9 rooms, the hotel build with beautiful landscape and each room have it own theme. You can walk around in the morning looking the greenery and landscape - extremely beautiful. Room is clean, cozy and beautiful with all the wood furniture. The staff is helpful and always greet you with a smile. The restaurant food although alittle expensive but it's worthy , everything prepare fresh by the Chef.

Many Thanks to Grace, Duncan, Core and the rest of the team for the good work.

Room Tip: All room facing green :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank alvinfcl
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the feedback. We hope to get another opportunity to extend our warm hospitality to you again in future.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I wanted to spend our wedding night in Karen close to where our wedding and evening party was being held instead of driving to another location. We had a horrible experience at the initial place we were supposed to spend then night so our genius wedding planner got this place and we are so glad we got the opportunity to spend our wedding night at Karen Boutique Hotel. I had the most refreshing experience with staff who were friendly, helpful, always smiling and much more. The rooms were super clean, spacious and comfortable. I had to keep reminding myself I am in Nairobi knowing how chaotic it can get. I was very pleased with the service and the beautiful gardens this place has to offer. If you are looking for a getaway place within Nairobi...look no further....I would visit this place over and over again. The manager Grace was so helpful and Nicholas the mixologist made sure we got everything we needed and made my husband and I nice cocktail drinks before we exited. Another interesting thing I noticed is that the owners of the boutique made frequent visits to the hotel and ensured the visitors enjoyed their stay which was really nice. I appreciated your service and I hope you keep your standards the same something that is really lacking in many businesses in Nairobi. The staff was AWESOME...I will be back and would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a cozy, quiet and refreshing place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Honeymoon suite but any room should be great since the house is located in a quiet...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travel J
We are happy to have had the opportunity to host you. The Management and Staff wold like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the feedback. We hope to get another opportunity to extend our warm hospitality to you again in future.
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a wonderful and stress free stay at the Cold Springs Hotel. It really was a home away from home. Small boutique style hotel leads itself to very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were of good size and cleanliness was great.
The food both for breakfast and dinner was exceptional.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is working or visiting the area of Karen.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

6 Thank Patrick C
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to get another opportunity to extend our warm hospitality to you again in future.