“Good food, good setting....”
Review of About Thyme

About Thyme
Ranked #16 of 691 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: European, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We offer indoor and outdoor dining. Outdoor dining options are aplenty, either on our terrace or 'Down Thyme' garden. If the weather is a bit chilly we offer jikos to warm you up, or dine inside next to our cosy fireplace.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

About thyme offers tasty food with the option to sit out on the terrace. Mains are reasonably priced and the free bitings are a nice touch. I have tended to find the starters a tad disappointing, especially in relation to their desserts, which are particularly good. Nice place for a quiet dinner, and definitely worth a try!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Tucked in a little corner in Westlands, Nairobi, About Thyme is a wonderful place for an intimate meal, especially dinner.
I found the restaurant decorated with some fairy lights that gave the place the place a great romantic ambiance.

The service was average for dinner with a little bit of a wait for the appetizer. It was also mojito night and which was a pleasant surprise.
The food was cooked really well although i found the sticky orange chicken too bitter for my taste. The oysters and tuna that my wife had were perfect though

Only negative thing i found was the mosquitos. Ther perils of eating outside i suppose.

The prices charged were very fair and the staff waiting were really enthusiastic and happy to help.
I would strongly recommend this restaurant for dinner. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went with friends as it was mojito night (buy one get one free...or the first free...I can't remember. I think there is a deal one night each week). Atmosphere is romantic and lovely. Food was carefully prepared and nicely presented. I had borscht which was a bit disappointing (but I am a borscht snob -- my companions loved it) and then a fantastic risotto. Desserts got good reviews as well. All in all, a perfect place for a special evening out.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Given the traffic situation in Westlands we ventured back to About Thyme after a few years recently.

We were pleasantly surprised with quality of food upon your return. Maybe the menu has changed over the years but it was a great lunch; also the kids enjoyed themselves alot.

The only downside was that the waiter that we had was a new member of staff and not very versed in the menu and procedures, but none the less it was a great experience.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My friend took me to About Thyme – I recognized the name of the restaurant – it was listed in the hotel brochure. I did not know what to expect and it was great. The restaurant is an old renovated house with a European flair and a menu that offered descriptive and interesting options – international cuisine. My friend recommended the red snapper and it was by far the best fish that I have ever had! The grilled vegetables accompanying the fish formed a perfect combination. We did not stay for desert, but the Kenyan coffee offered a great end to a lovely meal. The restaurant offered us intimate and special dining and I definitely recommend it.
Sit outside and definitely try the red snapper!

1  Thank ADavis1977