“Lovely place”

About Thyme
Ranked #18 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: European, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We offer indoor and outdoor dining. Outdoor dining options are aplenty, either on our terrace or 'Down Thyme' garden. If the weather is a bit chilly we offer jikos to warm you up, or dine inside next to our cosy fireplace.
Lisbon, Portugal
“Lovely place”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went with friends as it was mojito night (buy one get one free...or the first free...I can't remember. I think there is a deal one night each week). Atmosphere is romantic and lovely. Food was carefully prepared and nicely presented. I had borscht which was a bit disappointing (but I am a borscht snob -- my companions loved it) and then a fantastic risotto. Desserts got good reviews as well. All in all, a perfect place for a special evening out.

Visited January 2013

Nairobi, Kenya
“Good convienient place for lunch”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Given the traffic situation in Westlands we ventured back to About Thyme after a few years recently.

We were pleasantly surprised with quality of food upon your return. Maybe the menu has changed over the years but it was a great lunch; also the kids enjoyed themselves alot.

The only downside was that the waiter that we had was a new member of staff and not very versed in the menu and procedures, but none the less it was a great experience.

• Visited October 2013
Roodepoort, South Africa
“Excellent, make sure you go there”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My friend took me to About Thyme – I recognized the name of the restaurant – it was listed in the hotel brochure. I did not know what to expect and it was great. The restaurant is an old renovated house with a European flair and a menu that offered descriptive and interesting options – international cuisine. My friend recommended the red snapper and it was by far the best fish that I have ever had! The grilled vegetables accompanying the fish formed a perfect combination. We did not stay for desert, but the Kenyan coffee offered a great end to a lovely meal. The restaurant offered us intimate and special dining and I definitely recommend it.
Sit outside and definitely try the red snapper!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ADavis1977
Virginia
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Brunch was wonderful, it was not as crowded as expected which was nice. They have tasty crepes and waffles. The only think was it looked dark, since even the outside seating area was also covered and probably because of the furniture choice. Around 1pm restaurant started to get crowded, so if you are a late eater you better make a reservation, otherwise it may be hard to find a table.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Zeynep V
Nairobi, Kenya
“My favourite go-to dinner spot in Nairobi”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been to About Thyme for dinner four times now, three of which have been for medium-to-large group birthday dinners. Even with a big group, the service has been wonderful and prompt. They have a varied menu which has alternating weekly specials; everything I've eaten there has been delicious. Each time they have offered a free biting to start which is a really nice touch compared to other Nairobi eateries. Good choices for both meat-eaters and vegetarians. The chocolate peanut butter pie I had there was one of the best things I've ever eaten. I'm a loyal fan for sure.

• Visited May 2013