“Call that a salad ?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of About Thyme

About Thyme
Ranked #19 of 538 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We offer indoor and outdoor dining. Outdoor dining options are aplenty, either on our terrace or 'Down Thyme' garden. If the weather is a bit chilly we offer jikos to warm you up, or dine inside next to our cosy fireplace.
London
“Call that a salad ?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I took my mother here for lunch today. It took them nearly 30 mins to bring out our order of one tomato soup and one green salad. The soup was tepid and tasteless. The salad was miserly in portion size and the chef had taken the trouble to wash the leaves but not to dry them, so there were a couple of millimetres of water at the bottom of the salad. I had to ask for the bill 4 times.

The manage was very pleasant when I gave her my feedback, but I doubt much will change, so I certainly will not go back. That is a shame because the setting is quite nice.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Brussels
“Outstanding place - go there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Fantastic food and wonderful ambience. Deborah, the owner, was very nice and flexible in tailoring a set menu for the group I brought there, and gave 4 options of main course - which for a set menu for a group dinner is a lot! I strongly recommend this place.
Vegetarian-friendly.

• Visited April 2013
Freetown, Sierra Leone
“About Thyme is wonderful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Its rare that I hang out in a restaurant after a meal, but last night together with 3 friends we closed the place, each of us having enjoyed great starters, and a superb meal, (my red Snapper was heavenly), excellent service and good wine. Very impressed all round and had a wonderful evening as a result. To be repeated.

• Visited March 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“A tasty gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a restaurant I have been wanting to try out for several years after my cousin gave it her seal of approval. I have now been twice and realise what I have been missing.
The food is a delicous blend of tastes from all over Europe with an underlying Italian theme. There is a freshness to the recipes that makes you feel you are taking part in a delightful experiment despite the fact that much of the menu is made up of firm favourites.

• Visited January 2013