“Hidden Surprisingly Good Food”
Review of Abyssinia

Abyssinia
Ranked #13 of 553 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Nairobi, Kenya
“Hidden Surprisingly Good Food”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I went here with colleagues, I was so afraid I would end up with a tummy ache because of the different flavors but I was pleasantly comfortable and happy after the meal. I loved the restaurant and promised my husband to take him there. the restaurant was surprisingly empty, I guess more people are yet to discover it. Full name is Abyssinia Exotic Ethiopian Restaurant.

• Visited June 2014

Nairobi, Kenya
“'Happy to See Plenty of Customers'”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I came here again, and found the food, and service were both excellent. The food was also very reasonably priced. Despite the drop in tourism, there were plenty of customers. Yes, I still believe that this is the best Ethiopian restaurant in Nairobi. This is a great place to come with a group so that everyone can share each other's dishes.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank africanman_840
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and excellent service”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I am crazy about Abyssinia food......so delicious, healthy and affordable. Any one can go their and really feel @ home. The ambiance makes you feel at peace with yourself, the service makes you to come again and the care & the love demonstrates by the owner(Mr. Abebe) makes u feel that you are @ home where every one is welcomed dearly. Looking for Ethiopian food, here you go to Abyssinia, you wont regret. Don't miss the special coffee ceremony that makes complete your day.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rehema2014
santa barbara, CA
“Great food and excellent stuffs”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Generally, I don't eat Ethiopian food wherever I travel. It's simply I'm not a fun of it for several reasons. When the first time I traveled to Nairobi, my driver insisted me to go to Ethiopian restaurant. Being ignorant to the city, I accepted his choice and he took me to one of the Ethiopian restaurants in Nairobi --- Abyssinia Restaurant in Westland.

Oh - the food was amazing and felt like I was eating from my mom kitchen (note that I left my mom home some 17 years ago!).

I'm now a fun of their food. I recommend folks who had never eaten Ethiopian food. The ushers are excellent.

Just give it a try and will change your mind. If you are new just tell to the ushers you are looking for Abe (the owner) and he knows how to make your experience enjoyable and memorable.

Abe you are great!!

• Visited March 2014
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Good times!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Enjoyed the service, food and ambiance! The host was very pleasant and patient in explaining the food, the ritual and the history to some of the folks who had never eaten Ethiopian food before.

One glaring omission -- no sambusa! Don't miss the coffee ceremony in the little hut :-)

Visited May 2014