“Excellent Ethiopian in Nairobi”
Review of Abyssinia

Abyssinia
Ranked #13 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Tarpon Springs, Fl
“Excellent Ethiopian in Nairobi”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had a group of more than 10 and we were about half an hour late due to traffic yet they held our table.
The food and coffee was delicious.
Our June 2013 visit was our second trip to Abyssinia.
The wait staff took excellent care of us.

• Visited June 2013

Nairobi, Kenya
“The best Ethiopian restaurant in Nairobi”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The only downside is that the help that they provide you whilst ordering is maybe not as good as one of the more popular places. However this won't phase anyone who has ordered Ethiopian food before, and certainly shouldn't put you off. This place is truly excellent.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank peetkeen
“Average tasting dishes”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I went to try this restaurant because of the good reviews I saw here in TripAdvisor. I was a little disappointed with what I actually experienced. The only good thing I had was the coffee. Everything else fell short in terms of flavor and heat.

1 Thank LaFemmeEnNoir
Tucson, Arizona
“Great food, great value”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I don't have much to add that has not already been said. I went with a group of 8 people and we all enjoyed the food. Great variety, really good injera bread, nice outdoor garden setting. This is the third Ethiopian restaurant I've visited in Nairobi and is hands-down the best.

As noted by a previous reviewer, it can be a bit difficult to get a menu for everybody but this seems to be a common thing in Kenya - one or two menus per table even if there is a large stack of menus sitting right there.

One downside that is common to all Ethiopian restaurants I've been to in Nairobi - if you plan to leave soon after eating you better ask for the bill right after they bring the food. It's hard to imagine how it could take so long to get a bill when there was only one other table with customers. But that's just part of the overall experience.

2 Thank myard
Milan, Italy
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I went a couple of times at this fantastic restaurant. True experience with very nice food. Very clean with nice fireplace inside. Friendly and efficient service. Nive and vaste selection of food. Not to be missed: the spicy raw meat!

1 Thank Andrea N